MINI~MINI~MINI! Mini Flap Thread

Can anyone tell the difference between these 2 leathers? Black one is lambskin. Orange one is calfskin but even when looking closely, it looks identical. How do I tell the differences? :smile:)

Attachments

• 3160B410-E2F4-433F-B49A-5CD0FAC5D264.png
    3160B410-E2F4-433F-B49A-5CD0FAC5D264.png
    831.2 KB · Views: 2,130
  • 85D4F2B5-751B-4AF5-A662-741286852A10.png
    85D4F2B5-751B-4AF5-A662-741286852A10.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,149
Reactions: thefashionact
I bought 4 bags directly from the boutique. 1 of them (it happen to be a mini) has its serial number upside down. The other 3 are woc, reissue and another mini flap.

I also bought 1 mini from reseller and it has the serial number upside down too. And coicidentally it’s from the same season as my other upside down serial number mini. They are from 18S. I don’t know whether all minis from this season are like that or just randomly happen

Honestly, I prefer an upside down serial number as it’s easier to read. No need to stretch the bag to be able to read it, especially on bigger bags when it’s pretty deep :smile:

i agree about the being upside down makes it easier for us to read! thanks for your reply! im so glad im not the only one!

l

so hard to take pic lol but here we go..
btw by “upside down” i meant the numbers are facing the opening of the bag instead of the base of the bag. i’m just worries because i usually see the serial numbers face the base of the bag..

View attachment 4191388
Hmm I know what you meant by facing the opening of the bag. So far all mine are all upside down though but Iana24 saying hers are same as yours facing the opening of the bag so should be safe?

so hard to take pic lol but here we go..
btw by “upside down” i meant the numbers are facing the opening of the bag instead of the base of the bag. i’m just worries because i usually see the serial numbers face the base of the bag..

View attachment 4191388

Mine is facing upside down. Mine was made in France, not sure if that makes a difference but maybe a batch from one of the locations were flipped?

Hi everyone! I am looking to buy a Mini Flap when I travel to NYC this in a couple of months. I have no desire to be added to a waitlist of any kind. Are Mini Flaps sometimes available when just walking into a boutique? I’ve decided that if there are no Mini’s at all, that I’d also look into another style, maybe the Camera or Gabrielle Hobo. I would appreciate your thoughts, thank you so much!! [emoji7][emoji162][emoji7][emoji162][emoji7]

Try Chanel boutique at Bloomingdales on 59th st. They don’t have waiting list.

Reactions: Tina_Bina
Hi, I just received a pic of Cruise 19C Red mini from my SA of Hirsh. I wanted to share with you ladies who's interested in what kind of shade of Red in upcoming Cruise 19C. I am little bit disappointed though, since it seems orangish bright Red again :sad: I've been waiting for true deep Red and blue tone underneath...

View attachment 4195654

It’s does look very orangey. This is lambskin, correct? I felt the same way about the business affinity. The red is like an orange-ish brick red so I passed on it.

Reactions: springshop17
Hi, I just received a pic of Cruise 19C Red mini from my SA of Hirsh. I wanted to share with you ladies who's interested in what kind of shade of Red in upcoming Cruise 19C. I am little bit disappointed though, since it seems orangish bright Red again :sad: I've been waiting for true deep Red and blue tone underneath...

View attachment 4195654

It’s very orange. The dark pink is more red than this! Thanks for sharing though....

Reactions: springshop17
I am very new to the mini obsession, but I’m in it!! I’m on the waitlist for a mini square. I have been doing my research but I can’t seem to find out when the seasonal bags are released... does anyone know when the next release is? Or how I can follow release dates?

View attachment 4195654
oh wow, thank you so so much for sharing! is this 19C or 18K (winter)? i thought after 18B (fall) come the K collection then Cruise. its so confusing. And do you know if the price is still $3300? Thanks!

Would love your guys' opinions on the bit of the mini dilemma I'm in at the moment. I bought two square minis from two different instagram sellers, but I can only keep one because they're too similar (both black caviar LGHW!)

I love the 18B chevron in terms of looks because it's more structured.. the quilted 17C puffs out a little on the sides (which I don't like). Because the 18B is newer, it also has less wear than the 17C quilted square mini. I also like how the 18B leather isn't as iridescent as the 17C.

On the flip side, I prefer the caviar leather on the 17C quilted, feels more substantial and soft, and seems to be thicker + puffier than the 18B chevron. The 18B feels a bit plasticy? - it's really stiff. The 17C quilted also smells better, and the chain feels slightly more weighty than the chevron.

What do you guys think?

TLDR; basically I like the 18B chevron in terms of looks and structure, but the 17C quilted leather feels better.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180918_131454.jpg
    MVIMG_20180918_131454.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,764
Last edited:
Would love your guys' opinions on the bit of the mini dilemma I'm in at the moment. I bought two square minis from two different instagram sellers, but I can only keep one because they're too similar (both black caviar LGHW!)

I love the 18B chevron in terms of looks because it's more structured.. the quilted 17C puffs out a little on the sides (which I don't like). Because the 18B is newer, it also has less wear than the 17C quilted square mini. I also like how the 18B leather isn't as iridescent as the 17C.

On the flip side, I prefer the caviar leather on the 17C quilted, feels more substantial and soft, and seems to be thicker + puffier than the 18B chevron. The 18B feels a bit plasticy? - it's really stiff. The 17C quilted also smells better, and the chain feels slightly more weighty than the chevron.

What do you guys think?

TLDR; basically I like the 18B chevron in terms of looks and structure, but the 17C quilted leather feels better.
i like the chevron look. but chanel is known for the quilts. just choose what you like best. good luck [emoji7]

View attachment 4195654
deep reds come in the fall season. cruise collections are more bright colors