The JADE thread!

I’m just an enthusiast! Omg, I have always wanted to go sapphire hunting! Too bad you had to cancel. So glad to hear that you’re going jade hunting! My advise is be patient.

Re Vonsen’s blue, it is a type of blue green nephrite which comes from Sonoma. The mine claim was very small, and it is now on a goat farm, no longer mined. But the Pointe Reyes beaches supplied one small pebble which I double checked with Allan, which leads me to believe that the material is also out in the water too. I had it made into a giant boa ring with a champagne diamond which I already had....,here’s a picture!

Oh how cool is that! I really love bold jewelry ..I wish I knew a jeweler who could do custom designs.
Hmm..maybe need to pay a visit to Pooint Reyes!
Also, sorry to be lame, this name has come up a few times on this thread. Who is Allan?

Reactions: clairejune
Oh how cool is that! I really love bold jewelry ..I wish I knew a jeweler who could do custom designs.
Hmm..maybe need to pay a visit to Pooint Reyes!
Also, sorry to be lame, this name has come up a few times on this thread. Who is Allan?
Allan Spehar from Jade Divers on Etsy. He is a wonderful jade artist with unique, niche jades. I first became acquainted with him years ago when I ordered a custom ‘Yukon Snow’ bangle from him, followed by some anniversary bangles . I’ve also met him in person on a few occasions. A very wonderful man with good work.

Thanks for the compliment on the ring! So far, I’ve found in my trips that Pointe Reyes does not have nearly as much jade as around Big Sur and south to Morro Bay, but it’s always worth a try because the Vonson’s blue is very special. I’ve found many jaspers at Point Reyes.

If you get to really wanting a custom piece, I can give you some jeweler referrals!

Last edited:
Reactions: essiedub
So before I posted here about maithong jewelry I had purchased a band ring. It was described as grade A. I got it today, but I have a doubt whether it is really grade A. It was only about $26 so I don't know. I like the ring and had initially planned to wear it continuously but I really don't want to wear one acid treated (in case its treated) and harm my finger. The ring is very pretty though. Here is a picture.
It’s really hard to say whether it’s A grade or not. It could well be and the price would still be appropriate. You can look for a network of spider web etching patterns on the surface as signs of acid treatment, do a long and short wave UV test, and a specific gravity test to do some basic, home tests. It’s very pretty!

Reactions: suchi
Older pictures, but I’m wearing Sonoma today with a solid gold filigree flower on a sapphire and gold necklace. The colors just go with the light during this last end of late summer.

Attachments

• A520ED2B-11E6-4315-8BCD-C3362FA609FF.jpeg
    A520ED2B-11E6-4315-8BCD-C3362FA609FF.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 777D656B-AE5B-4380-9AA4-5D16A7ED8A52.jpeg
    777D656B-AE5B-4380-9AA4-5D16A7ED8A52.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 361
  • 75128F82-3BB5-441C-A44E-7E6BD9C2DDD3.jpeg
    75128F82-3BB5-441C-A44E-7E6BD9C2DDD3.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 356
  • D936B26E-7454-479E-91DE-A9CF7E1FDC55.jpeg
    D936B26E-7454-479E-91DE-A9CF7E1FDC55.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 354
Older pictures again, but today I’m wearing this Siberian nephrite jade bangle with this gold, silver and grey moonstone ring. I also had matching earrings and a pendant made with grey moonstones to go with this bangle. ( pendant not pictured, but looks exactly the same.) The bangle has a very fine grain and lovely white and grey streaks. From 9SJW when they were open. Loved that seller from Siberia. I hope they get thier shop open again.

Attachments

• 3E432E12-7EE7-4616-B87F-EBEF3B81B5F7.jpeg
    3E432E12-7EE7-4616-B87F-EBEF3B81B5F7.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 13125907-AB41-47E7-82D9-EC4862346E18.png
    13125907-AB41-47E7-82D9-EC4862346E18.png
    896.9 KB · Views: 290
Just Lovely! Jade addiction is really strong, lol!! Would love to see all of your jade pieces together when they arrive, and to hear about what you love about them and how you wear them!
Addiction it is!!!!! So far I have one bangle. The petal carved bracelet is on it's way. This new bangle is my advanced birthday gift to myself ( will try very hard to restrain myself from any more jade shopping this year). I permanently wear my present jade bangle in my left hand. This will be my permanent bangle either on left hand stacked or on my right. Most probably will be on my left hand only. I am planning to get a nephrite bangle for my right hand from Allan. Will take some time to save up though. I also want one carved bangle but they are so expensive!

Older pictures again, but today I’m wearing this Siberian nephrite jade bangle with this gold, silver and grey moonstone ring. I also had matching earrings and a pendant made with grey moonstones to go with this bangle. ( pendant not pictured, but looks exactly the same.) The bangle has a very fine grain and lovely white and grey streaks. From 9SJW when they were open. Loved that seller from Siberia. I hope they get thier shop open again.
Love everything and they look just like they were made for you. You look gorgeous in them.

Reactions: clairejune