The JADE thread!

IMG_0456.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0446.jpg

Here are all my 4 bangles.
Sorry for the bad pic quality. This is the best I can do, cause I’m currently indoors and it’s night time, hence the pics.

The one I’m wearing today is a dark ombré green and I named her boss haha weird name but I like. She makes me feel empowered whenever I wear her. I feel confident whenever bring her on for meetings.

Second from the left is an apple green semi translucent one, but because of the multiple stone lines (obvious ones!! But can’t be felt by nail or touch) hence I got it for a steal deal (approx. 80usd) !! Didn’t name her because she was like my very first bangle I got and I first intention was to get to cheap one to try if I like the feeling of it, and there was no turning back since. Haha!

Third one was the one I shared yesterday, Dream!

And the last one is a green pea colored one, mildly translucent , more on the opaque side, with different shades of green. It’s a lovely color, unfortunately wasn’t my size. The smallest I can go is a 57, and this is a size 54-55, I still have its original tag on. Oh wells. Was looking to sell it but I’m not sure which platform to go for. It’s a really beautiful piece, would be glad to get her an owner that appreciates it.

Btw may I know what’s the average price of your jade bangles, from all the previous threads, I do notice jadeite bangles are much cheaper in Asian countries compared to the United States or the Europe area. And it’s much easier to get a grade A jadeite for a good deal. I’ve bought one from eBay and turns out to be a treated and colored one, I paid 300 usd for that... cause it was a green and lavender mix. Even reputable bricks and mortar jewelry shops in my country carries grade B jadeite bangle, hence I’ve learned my lesson and got all 4 of the above jades from the same seller.
So far so good. Am pleased so far hehe
Jade bangles makes me happy for some reason, it brings me peace and makes me rather calm inside, and it feels weird without my jade bangles. I don’t feel like me without it. Haha.

Thank you for hearing me out! Sorry for being long winded.
Have a great day y’all! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

View attachment 4198272View attachment 4198275View attachment 4198276

Sorry for the bad pic quality. This is the best I can do, cause I’m currently indoors and it’s night time, hence the pics.

The one I’m wearing today is a dark ombré green and I named her boss haha weird name but I like. She makes me feel empowered whenever I wear her. I feel confident whenever bring her on for meetings.

Second from the left is an apple green semi translucent one, but because of the multiple stone lines (obvious ones!! But can’t be felt by nail or touch) hence I got it for a steal deal (approx. 80usd) !! Didn’t name her because she was like my very first bangle I got and I first intention was to get to cheap one to try if I like the feeling of it, and there was no turning back since. Haha!

And the last one is a green pea colored one, mildly translucent , more on the opaque side, with different shades of green. It’s a lovely color, unfortunately wasn’t my size. The smallest I can go is a 57, and this is a size 54-55, I still have its original tag on. Oh wells. Was looking to sell it but I’m not sure which platform to go for. It’s a really beautiful piece, would be glad to get her an owner that appreciates it.

Btw may I know what’s the average price of your jade bangles, from all the previous threads, I do notice jadeite bangles are much cheaper in Asian countries compared to the United States or the Europe area. And it’s much easier to get a grade A jadeite for a good deal. I’ve bought one from eBay and turns out to be a treated and colored one, I paid 300 usd for that... cause it was a green and lavender mix. Even reputable bricks and mortar jewelry shops in my country carries grade B jadeite bangle, hence I’ve learned my lesson and got all 4 of the above jades from the same seller.
Jade bangles makes me happy for some reason, it brings me peace and makes me rather calm inside, and it feels weird without my jade bangles. I don’t feel like me without it. Haha.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection. Boss is like a boss lol - bold and beautiful! She looks great on you. All your bangles are lovely.
[emoji3]

Reactions: gogo94
View attachment 4198272View attachment 4198275View attachment 4198276

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection. Boss is like a boss lol - bold and beautiful! She looks great on you. All your bangles are lovely.
[emoji3]

hello ladies! I haven’t posted here for such a long time, have been busy with new job and was spending time to hunt for other gemstones. Today I was back and couldn’t help reading the posts in half a day and saw loads of nice jade here! Missed you all and v happy to see there continues to be more jade lovers!
My heart suddenly went back to jade now and have been thinking of a yellow jadeite bangle :smile:

This is what I’m wearing today with patches of moss in snow. The rest of the bangle is all white. D shape oval style. oval style seemed to make my wrist look smaller..
09C2A021-2F05-48F8-A003-CD4B74AFB190.jpeg
6473F97A-7FA9-42A3-84B4-736ACA7DE69C.jpeg

This is the one I’m eyeing on.. still not 100% sure. It’s from an online store n they were able to provide a video under natural light. They also mentioned that they can issue cert once I place an order...sorry for the multiple photos!! would love to hear your thoughts..
8014002C-3170-4995-81D4-4FB1DB7BAF1D.jpeg
60A7CE50-2369-4F25-96F2-F32629BE1473.jpeg

hello ladies! I haven’t posted here for such a long time, have been busy with new job and was spending time to hunt for other gemstones. Today I was back and couldn’t help reading the posts in half a day and saw loads of nice jade here! Missed you all and v happy to see there continues to be more jade lovers!
My heart suddenly went back to jade now and have been thinking of a yellow jadeite bangle :smile:

This is what I’m wearing today with patches of moss in snow. The rest of the bangle is all white. D shape oval style. oval style seemed to make my wrist look smaller..
View attachment 4201151
View attachment 4201150

This is the one I’m eyeing on.. still not 100% sure. It’s from an online store n they were able to provide a video under natural light. They also mentioned that they can issue cert once I place an order...sorry for the multiple photos!! would love to hear your thoughts..
View attachment 4201152
View attachment 4201153

Wow! Those are both stunning, that honey yellow is just exquisite. Who certifies the jade for them?

Wow! Those are both stunning, that honey yellow is just exquisite. Who certifies the jade for them?

Thank you dingo....it’s funny coz for a long while I never thought green bangle worked for me. The pop of apple green changed the perception later..

The shop is in China and they showed a sample of cert for another bangle from this website. (www.ngstc.cn) the code from the sample worked when searching. However they haven’t got the cert for the bangle I wanted. With that, I’m still hesitant. there’s another photo they gave me showing some flaw of the bangle with lines and impurities but the shop person said these are not cracks...

Maybe I’ll sleep on this and think hard again tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me share this and please please do let me know any advice or thoughts too!

1BF4275D-A751-43D9-8A9D-E4BC82E72A8D.jpeg

View attachment 4201151
View attachment 4201150

View attachment 4201152
View attachment 4201153

Your green and while bangle looks so pretty on you. I love that it’s slim and the green is very vibrant and fresh against the white. That yellow bangle is gorgeous too! Please post pics if you get it:smile:

Thank you dingo....it’s funny coz for a long while I never thought green bangle worked for me. The pop of apple green changed the perception later..

The shop is in China and they showed a sample of cert for another bangle from this website. (www.ngstc.cn) the code from the sample worked when searching. However they haven’t got the cert for the bangle I wanted. With that, I’m still hesitant. there’s another photo they gave me showing some flaw of the bangle with lines and impurities but the shop person said these are not cracks...

Maybe I’ll sleep on this and think hard again tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me share this and please please do let me know any advice or thoughts too!

View attachment 4201289

It is really lovely!! I would probably want them to certify beforehand, with the kind of cert that shows the spectrograph test: https://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/fall-2015-labnotes-dyed-natural-green-jadeite

I am in love with those rich yellows, they just are so fresh.

View attachment 4201151
View attachment 4201150

View attachment 4201152
View attachment 4201153
Really gorgeous! I adore that yellow one. I agree, get a reputable cert . I hope they are what you hope they are!!

Reactions: berniechocolate
I received my second bangle from Nandar and again in real life the bangle is so much prettier. I am so happy with it. She also included a bead bracelet and a ring as gifts since October's my birthday month.
I need a name for this baby :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_150503__01.jpg
    IMG_20180924_150503__01.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20180924_150512__01.jpg
    IMG_20180924_150512__01.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20180924_150436__01.jpg
    IMG_20180924_150436__01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 241
I received my second bangle from Nandar and again in real life the bangle is so much prettier. I am so happy with it. She also included a bead bracelet and a ring as gifts since October's my birthday month.

Your new bangle is lovelier in real life than the sellers pics. It glows more. I like the soft colour and the little “pea” green spot which matches your bead bracelet [emoji6][emoji4]
A perfect gift for your birthday[emoji3]

Oh it looks lovely! Congratulations! They all look fabulous on you....I love the shine, glow and the gentle colors.

Reactions: suchi