The JADE thread!

I’m considering getting this new jade bangle, which will be my first princess bangle. It’s not exactly princess as for it’s kinda on the thinner side.
And the price is quite expensive for a piece of this width... but the price is for the translucency.
Will be meeting up with the seller tomorrow night.
What do you guys think? Should I get it?
Here’s some pics from seller as reference :smile: I’m excited for my first ever princess e52e865e-8971-44c4-b086-f52c15c2774d.jpgbf2c842d-89b0-4d92-89e6-00dca4507bf9.jpg6b8eac79-97dd-4059-86c7-29ddaaea1a67.jpg

I’m considering getting this new jade bangle, which will be my first princess bangle. It’s not exactly princess as for it’s kinda on the thinner side.
And the price is quite expensive for a piece of this width... but the price is for the translucency.
Here’s some pics from seller as reference :smile: I’m excited for my first ever princess View attachment 4202120View attachment 4202121View attachment 4202122

The pictures didn’t quite make it, so here you go :smile: e52e865e-8971-44c4-b086-f52c15c2774d.jpg6b8eac79-97dd-4059-86c7-29ddaaea1a67.jpgbf2c842d-89b0-4d92-89e6-00dca4507bf9.jpg

Here’s some pics from seller as reference :smile: I’m excited for my first ever princess View attachment 4202120View attachment 4202121View attachment 4202122

This princess bangle is very pretty and delicate looking. It actually looks similar to the one I’m wearing right now, although the one you are considering looks clearer. I love the princess shape as it looks so classic and has an old school vibe :smile:. It is also not as easy to find princess shapes these days as they use up more jade material and are harder to cut. Here’s a pic of mine.

Btw, I also like that jade ring the seller is wearing in the pic! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1537821922.562727.jpg

This princess bangle is very pretty and delicate looking. It actually looks similar to the one I’m wearing right now, although the one you are considering looks clearer. I love the princess shape as it looks so classic and has an old school vibe :smile:. It is also not as easy to find princess shapes these days as they use up more jade material and are harder to cut. Here’s a pic of mine.

Btw, I also like that jade ring the seller is wearing in the pic! View attachment 4202526

Yours looks simply amazing!!! So dainty and elegant~~ May I know where did you get yours from??
It looks wonderful on you!! [emoji7]

Ooh very nice and good translucence! It is a princess even if you say it’s in the thinner side. I love the slim, daintiness of it. So feminine and while princesses tend to be more classic the colour of this one makes it very modern. When you meet with the seller tomorrow try the bangle on and see if it it calls to you. Good luck!

Reactions: cdtracing
Yours looks simply amazing!!! So dainty and elegant~~ May I know where did you get yours from??
It looks wonderful on you!! [emoji7]

Thank you! I bought it from a wonderful brick and mortar jade shop when I was in Singapore. Perhaps the next time I visit Singapore I will go back to the shop again, heh heh.

Actually, after wearing it for a few months, I’ve come to realize that pale green is not really my color. Nothing wrong with it or the bangle...just that I think I prefer other colors. However, I still wear it almost permanently as it’s very translucent and I like the shape.

Reactions: berniechocolate
Thank you! I bought it from a wonderful brick and mortar jade shop when I was in Singapore. Perhaps the next time I visit Singapore I will go back to the shop again, heh heh.

Actually, after wearing it for a few months, I’ve come to realize that pale green is not really my color. Nothing wrong with it or the bangle...just that I think I prefer other colors. However, I still wear it almost permanently as it’s very translucent and I like the shape.

It’s looks gorgeous on you but I understand when you says it’s not your favourite colour. It looks like there is a small slightly pink area too right? Maybe it will grow on you in time but I think it looks great [emoji7]

There is so much variety in jade color. What are y'all favorites at the moment?

I'm still very much attached to white/green "moss in snow" although black is a close second. If I could find/afford it, I'd love a bangle in the same light blue color as my donut. I like bright green in small bits. I wouldn't turn down a full bangle in imperial green, but I know there is no way I could afford it in this life time, haha.

Here's a repost of colors plus my donut.

ie4eLow.jpg

Ooh very nice and good translucence! It is a princess even if you say it’s in the thinner side. I love the slim, daintiness of it. So feminine and while princesses tend to be more classic the colour of this one makes it very modern. When you meet with the seller tomorrow try the bangle on and see if it it calls to you. Good luck!

Hehe thanks love!! Am pretty excited. Am gonna go grab it after work today! :smile:

Ahh I see. Yours looks incredible by the way, I like how it looks jelly like, translucent waterly lavender patch just amazing!! Just exactly the width of princess I wanted, am a little concern the one I’m about to view tonight is gonna be too thin, after all I’m kinda plus size.. so I’m afraid it might not suit me :sad:

I currently have boss as my permanent bangle but I just keep wanting more hahaha yearning for more. I always wanted to save up enough to buy one that fits all my criteria and then once and for all and I’m done. But every time I got carried away by all the beautiful pieces then I feel like I just had. To. Get. It. heh

Do you mind me asking which country are you from? You come to Singapore often?

It’s looks gorgeous on you but I understand when you says it’s not your favourite colour. It looks like there is a small slightly pink area too right? Maybe it will grow on you in time but I think it looks great [emoji7]

Thanks, 2Boys! Yes, this bangle has bits of lavender interspersed with it. Perhaps the color will grow on me one day. It is actually really pretty on its own. I think the main reason is that this shade of pale green doesn’t flatter my skin tone, so there’s no omph, as it doesn’t stand out against my skin, if you know what I mean, lol.

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
There is so much variety in jade color. What are y'all favorites at the moment?

I'm still very much attached to white/green "moss in snow" although black is a close second. If I could find/afford it, I'd love a bangle in the same light blue color as my donut. I like bright green in small bits. I wouldn't turn down a full bangle in imperial green, but I know there is no way I could afford it in this life time, haha.

Here's a repost of colors plus my donut.

ie4eLow.jpg

Your blue donut is very lovely. A bangle in that color will be gorgeous.

I still like lavender best, but after years of wearing jade, I’ve come to realize that although the vivid or deep purples are beautiful, rarer and more valuable, they don’t necessarily look good on me. Light lavenders work better for me. Also, I’ve come to appreciate the brighter, apple greens more. These bright greens look so fresh and “happy” :smile:. The paler greens sometimes don’t look as nice against my skin.

Ahh I see. Yours looks incredible by the way, I like how it looks jelly like, translucent waterly lavender patch just amazing!! Just exactly the width of princess I wanted, am a little concern the one I’m about to view tonight is gonna be too thin, after all I’m kinda plus size.. so I’m afraid it might not suit me :sad:

I currently have boss as my permanent bangle but I just keep wanting more hahaha yearning for more. I always wanted to save up enough to buy one that fits all my criteria and then once and for all and I’m done. But every time I got carried away by all the beautiful pieces then I feel like I just had. To. Get. It. heh

Do you mind me asking which country are you from? You come to Singapore often?

I live in the US now, but I used to live in Singapore. I probably won’t be going there anytime in the near future though, so I don’t think I’ll be collecting anymore jade for now, as I don’t really like to buy it online. Are you in Singapore?

Reactions: berniechocolate