ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

With Coach, never assume anything!

I seem to remember one Spectator style number that doesn't fit that pattern but I can't think of it right now, I'll keep looking.

And with newer Spectators made after 2000, the first number will be a 7 instead of a 6.

The Patricia's Legacy TWILL Spectator breaks the "rule" completely after 2000 and uses 9191 instead of the standard 9951. There are a few other ones too, like the 9667 City Bag Spectator from 2001 with no connection between the 2 styles' numbers.
I have the one from 2001. Do you have a catalog pic of that? Curious what other color combination was available in 2001. IMG_20180411_132346446.jpg

Hey everyone! Does anyone know the timeline of when the Scribble collection was first introduced to now? Is there also a way to find out which scribble came from what year without a creed? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Hey everyone! Does anyone know the timeline of when the Scribble collection was first introduced to now? Is there also a way to find out which scribble came from what year without a creed? Thanks.

The Scribbles were introduced in 2005. I might be able to identify a few from photos but I'd prefer a serial number photo since it takes a LOT of time tracking those down through old catalogs.

I don't know when Coach stopped using the name Scribble. The ones from the outlets would be almost impossibe to date without creeds and serials, and I don't have any way of posting photos. If you want to collect photos of the different styles I suggest you just search Ebay US for "Coach scribble" and save the photos from listings that include photos of the creed and serial number.

Reactions: SakuraSakura
The Scribbles were introduced in 2005. I might be able to identify a few from photos but I'd prefer a serial number photo since it takes a LOT of time tracking those down through old catalogs.

I don't know when Coach stopped using the name Scribble. The ones from the outlets would be almost impossibe to date without creeds and serials, and I don't have any way of posting photos. If you want to collect photos of the different styles I suggest you just search Ebay US for "Coach scribble" and save the photos from listings that include photos of the creed and serial number.

Here are the ones I have. I'm really loving the top-handle scribble color combo however I'm not sure when it was released. Thank you for responding. My apologies for the untimely reply.

As for the 2005 primary color scribble, was a tote or a wallet released in it?

Attachments

• 30231993_1867474753292278_1213605857_o.jpg
    30231993_1867474753292278_1213605857_o.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Here are the ones I have. I'm really loving the top-handle scribble color combo however I'm not sure when it was released. Thank you for responding. My apologies for the untimely reply.

The mini skinny is 40418.
The top handle pouch is 40424.
I believe those items were from 2007-08-ish.

Yes, there were many styles. There was a small tote # 201 and a larger tote # 247, plus several hobos and a diaper bag. And a few wallets and wristlets.

There was even a jacket, umbrella, agenda, and watches.

Last edited:
Reactions: SakuraSakura

Scribbles especially wallets should ALWAYS be authenticated before buying, because there were a TON of fakes out there too. There are no "rules" that cover all styles, except for the usual "no C pattern linings with outside C patterns". A lot of the fake bags had shiny gold mini C linings but definitely not all of them.

And although most of them have thankfully disappeared (or fallen apart), 99,999 out of 100,000 Scribble Bikinis (and "Coach" Bikinis in general!) were and ARE fake.

Last edited:
There was a VERY cool picnic set too! Only $1998, food and wine (and hunky companion of your choice) NOT included. :biggrin: There was one on Fleabay way back when for around $700.

View attachment 4039406

Thank you everyone for the advice and information. I will definitely get my future scribble items authenticated. For that price I want the hunky companion to be included!

They must've been quite popular to be so heavily faked. Did any celebs wear the print?

Could someone please ID this bag? I seem to remember there being two different versions of the "Watermelon" tote/satchel (9440,9441?). This one has a zipper closure, leather covered kisslock, glued-in serial number. I don't have it yet, but the seller said it measures about 14" x 9" x 2". Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 9440 watermelon front.jpg
    9440 watermelon front.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 9440 watermelon top.jpg
    9440 watermelon top.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 9440 watermelon creed.jpg
    9440 watermelon creed.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: houseof999