ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

It looks like it might be style 5520, from approx. 2004-ish.
View attachment 4025298

Hey thanks i got it in 2011 and i called and asked about it just now and they told me that im missing 1 number from the style number but thank you for your help.
My estimate of the age of the wallet might be off.

Did you buy it new from a Coach store? If you got it at an outlet store in 2011, it's possible that they may have had a return or found some NOS (new old stock). If you bought it second hand, there's no way to know when the original owner bought it.

As for calling Coach, I'm suspecting that you got misinformation. (And it's not the first time they've done it!)

By "missing 1 number," they are referring to style numbers that are currently 5 digits, but back when I believe your wallet was made, style numbers were just 4 digits.

Coach employees aren't trained to authenticate and if an item isn't currently in their stores or the style number isn't in their computer system, they assume it's either fake, an incorrect style number or non-existent style number.

I assure you that the style number of the wallet I posted is only 4 digits and is about 13-14 years old. There could possibly have been similar newer wallets with 5 digits and maybe that's one you may have bought in 2011 but I can't find any style number to verify it.

My estimate of the age of the wallet might be off.

Did you buy it new from a Coach store? If you got it at an outlet store in 2011, it's possible that they may have had a return or found some NOS (new old stock). If you bought it second hand, there's no way to know when the original owner bought it.

As for calling Coach, I'm suspecting that you got misinformation. (And it's not the first time they've done it!)

By "missing 1 number," they are referring to style numbers that are currently 5 digits, but back when I believe your wallet was made, style numbers were just 4 digits.

Coach employees aren't trained to authenticate and if an item isn't currently in their stores or the style number isn't in their computer system, they assume it's either fake, an incorrect style number or non-existent style number.

I assure you that the style number of the wallet I posted is only 4 digits and is about 13-14 years old. There could possibly have been similar newer wallets with 5 digits and maybe that's one you may have bought in 2011 but I can't find any style number to verify it.
I got it at a coach outlet in woodbury commons over in ny brand new. Thank you for the info i was just looking to get another one but i see now that that isn't going to happen.

I got it at a coach outlet in woodbury commons over in ny brand new. Thank you for the info i was just looking to get another one but i see now that that isn't going to happen.
If you search for Coach mens signature bifold wallets, you might find a used one but there are similar newer styles. Many of the signature ones are coated, possibly to help prevent fraying and wear and tear of the fabric.

Here's one example. (I don't know the seller or the item; just pointing out the similar style):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Coach-...143282&hash=item25eca57b0c:g:8d0AAOSwlAZadQQr

If you search for Coach mens signature bifold wallets, you might find a used one but there are similar newer styles. Many of the signature ones are coated, possibly to help prevent fraying and wear and tear of the fabric.

Here's one example. (I don't know the seller or the item; just pointing out the similar style):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Coach-...143282&hash=item25eca57b0c:g:8d0AAOSwlAZadQQr
Thanks i dont like the newer coated ones. I'll definitely look on ebay.

F7572A19-CF8F-4708-A190-A2D9EC0AEF38.jpeg 0F32464E-E0B0-430C-997B-3851F0C0D383.jpeg ADE2F062-D9BC-480B-BCA0-5F6E7CF91B30.jpeg 2EEF15AD-B83E-4498-A401-9148B49837F1.jpeg Greetings! I’m hoping someone can identify this vintage bag. I thought it was a Pocket Bag but the catalogue picture I found shows buckles at either side to attach the shoulder strap. Is this an earlier version or a different bag?

View attachment 4025553 View attachment 4025554 View attachment 4025555 View attachment 4025556 Greetings! I’m hoping someone can identify this vintage bag. I thought it was a Pocket Bag but the catalogue picture I found shows buckles at either side to attach the shoulder strap. Is this an earlier version or a different bag?

What are the measurements? It maybe one of these compartment bags. View attachment 4025665
I agree, it looks like the compartment bag (the larger one.)

Hi all— I’m looking for help with style numbers for vintage spectator bags. I have a Dinky spectator that is black with tan edges as well as a Mini bag with the same color scheme. Based on other spectator bags can I assume they have the same style number as their mono colored counterparts but starting with a 6 instead of 9? So the Dinky would be 6375 instead of 9375 and the Mini would be 6825 instead of 9825? Thanks!

Reactions: Transported
Hi all— I’m looking for help with style numbers for vintage spectator bags. I have a Dinky spectator that is black with tan edges as well as a Mini bag with the same color scheme. Based on other spectator bags can I assume they have the same style number as their mono colored counterparts but starting with a 6 instead of 9? So the Dinky would be 6375 instead of 9375 and the Mini would be 6825 instead of 9825? Thanks!
That's my understanding. I don't have any catalog pictures for proof though.

With Coach, never assume anything!

I seem to remember one Spectator style number that doesn't fit that pattern but I can't think of it right now, I'll keep looking.

And with newer Spectators made after 2000, the first number will be a 7 instead of a 6.

The Patricia's Legacy TWILL Spectator breaks the "rule" completely after 2000 and uses 9191 instead of the standard 9951. There are a few other ones too, like the 9667 City Bag Spectator from 2001 with no connection between the 2 styles' numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkiz
Hello ladies,

Could someone identify this style of wristlet. I have done a couple searches already and I can not find anything similar. It is metallic leather. Size is about 7 X 4 inches. Inside has the little brown tag sewn in the seam, no creed.
Thank you in advance!
IMG_0222.jpg

Reactions: Glttglam