Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Having used both D&C and 7RP, I prefer D&C hands down for structure. While 7RP is a lovely looking insert and certainly luxurious, I found it to slide around in my B35s. It was short several inches on the sides when compared to my D&C. Since my primary need for an insert is to provide structure, it was ultimately not for me and was returned.

I just ordered a D&C insert for my new B30, but already own two D&Cs for my B35s.

I don't own any MT, so I can't give you feedback there.
Darling, just wondering if you have used the D&C in a smooth leather bag like in swift Kelly?? I really want a stiff insert but I don't want to cause a line in the middle of the bag from the top of the insert.... so confused....

I'm so torn on the whole insert topic now. I ended up modifying my Sooni insert to taper toward the top and it fits better now but I'm still not sure about using it often. I'd really hate to harm the swift leather and I'm not sure the insert helps that much anyway. I don't carry anything spillable so I'm not worried about that factor and the insert takes up a lot of room. It is quite stiff though so it would provide structure and might be more fitting for a 28 size. I like the custom built samorga from a few posts ago. It looks like it's the same material as the Sooni.
Thanks babe... I saw later in the thread u ended up cutting the insert.
The only reason I want an insert is for structure. I don't care about organization aspects or being enamored by the fabric.
BUT I also don't want to cause an unsightly line ..... confused????

I use a D&C TB26 insert and it is basically square. It's a great insert, but my bag is Swift so I don't leave it in the bag longterm.
This post should go to the insert thread :smile:
Ahhhhh QF!!!! So you are happy with D&C for a swift bag??? Does is help to Keep the structure of the bag really well without making a line in the leather??

Edit: nevermind... it seems D&C has no insert for Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darling, just wondering if you have used the D&C in a smooth leather bag like in swift Kelly?? I really want a stiff insert but I don't want to cause a line in the middle of the bag from the top of the insert.... so confused....
I have & had no issues. I have a Tadelakt B35 and have no issues with denting. I buy D&C inserts for all of my Bs.

Hello once upon a time I came across a bag insert for Hermes Evelyne mentioned here. It is not from Mai Tai or Fourbi. One I need is a tall I nsert that zipped at the top. I found it on FB from recommendation here. But I lost the info since. It is based in Asia. Does anyone recall? Any lead to even something like that would be great. Thx

Hi! I have a B30 7RP insert. The approximate measurements are as follows:

Bottom: 26.5 cm x 14.5 cm
Top: 26 cm x 10.75 cm

I took the measurements as the insert is relaxed without tugging the middle in or anything (it’s a bit wider in the middle than at the ends). I’ve used mine for about 6 months.

For comparison, below is a pic of all my inserts. Mai Tai B30, 7RP K32, 7RP B30, Fourbi 20
View attachment 4008470

Thank you so so much for the measurements!!! I am thinking of doing a customised insert, if it doesn't work, I think I might have to invest on 7RP. Such a gorgeous insert!

Reactions: Serva1
@Sclim1 @acrowcounted @Israeli_Flava It seems to me that you ladies want an insert for structure with your Swift bags and not so much for organization?

I have a Kelly 25 and Bolide 27 in Swift and I don't use any inserts. Initially I was thinking I would need to like you ladies, but with advise from my SA all I really need to do to minimize slouching is to stuff the bag with acid-free paper (those in your orange boxes or ask your SA for some!) to maintain its shape when not in use. Both bags had a little slouch right out of the box, brand new but ever since I stored it with paper molded to the shape of the bag, it's been fine. Just thought I'd share. :flowers:

@Sclim1 @acrowcounted @Israeli_Flava It seems to me that you ladies want an insert for structure with your Swift bags and not so much for organization?

I have a Kelly 25 and Bolide 27 in Swift and I don't use any inserts. Initially I was thinking I would need to like you ladies, but with advise from my SA all I really need to do to minimize slouching is to stuff the bag with acid-free paper (those in your orange boxes or ask your SA for some!) to maintain its shape when not in use. Both bags had a little slouch right out of the box, brand new but ever since I stored it with paper molded to the shape of the bag, it's been fine. Just thought I'd share. :flowers:

I use inserts because of my obsessive nature to protect my bags. I used to just put little pouches organized by categories like slgs, ids, etc.

Reactions: LadyD21