Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

thanks for sharing this, i love the materials
does this insert give support to a slouchy birkin? ie helps the birkin to stand up
how does it compare to MT inserts in teerms of support?

Having used both D&C and 7RP, I prefer D&C hands down for structure. While 7RP is a lovely looking insert and certainly luxurious, I found it to slide around in my B35s. It was short several inches on the sides when compared to my D&C. Since my primary need for an insert is to provide structure, it was ultimately not for me and was returned.

I just ordered a D&C insert for my new B30, but already own two D&Cs for my B35s.

I don't own any MT, so I can't give you feedback there.

Hi lovely ladies,
Has anyone ordered a K28 retourne bag insert from d&c? Which is better out of Mai Tai and d&c? My clemence K is looking a little bit floppy and want to give it more shape/structure.

Last edited:
I also use a D&G for my T26 swift and I leave it inside with my toolbox stored upright with handles up too. I guess it depends on how the insert fits because some can be too snug or a little loose. Mine is not to snug and it doesn't cause any fold or marks. You have to see the insert you will get and judge if you can leave it in or not.

Thank you :smile: MaiTai said it will ruin the leather but I leave the MT insert inside the bag during storage. I bought the D&C for my T26, can’t wait to get it!!

Having used both D&C and 7RP, I prefer D&C hands down for structure. While 7RP is a lovely looking insert and certainly luxurious, I found it to slide around in my B35s. It was short several inches on the sides when compared to my D&C. Since my primary need for an insert is to provide structure, it was ultimately not for me and was returned.

I just ordered a D&C insert for my new B30, but already own two D&Cs for my B35s.

I don't own any MT, so I can't give you feedback there.

Do you leave your inserts in the bags all the time? I'm new here and getting overwhelmed by all of the info. Just bought a B35 and would love to have 1 insert that I can switch into another B35 or GP. Also, have you noticed any denting with your D&C inserts? Thanks for any additional comments!

Do you leave your inserts in the bags all the time? I'm new here and getting overwhelmed by all of the info. Just bought a B35 and would love to have 1 insert that I can switch into another B35 or GP. Also, have you noticed any denting with your D&C inserts? Thanks for any additional comments!

I uses my MaiTai inside my B35 and didn’t see any damage to the Togo leather. It B35 insert fits perfectly inside the GP36. But I nest my B25 inside my GP36 to help maintain the shape and also to save space lol

I uses my MaiTai inside my B35 and didn’t see any damage to the Togo leather. It B35 insert fits perfectly inside the GP36. But I nest my B25 inside my GP36 to help maintain the shape and also to save space lol

Thanks! So you are happy with the MaiTai? I think I want something that can switch easily, rather than buying multiple inserts, holds it's shape - no saggy sides, and doesn't fit so snugly that it puts pressure on the bag interior. Easy care is also a consideration.

I don't store my bags with the inserts, but I leave them in for the short term. I haven't really noticed any denting with my D&C inserts. Perhaps on my oldest bag, a faint line in the back, but I honestly think that would appear anyway due to the floppiness of the bag over time. IMO, I don't think the 7RP fits all that well for a $400 price tag. D&C has a great range of colors too. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: tarheelap
Thanks! So you are happy with the MaiTai? I think I want something that can switch easily, rather than buying multiple inserts, holds it's shape - no saggy sides, and doesn't fit so snugly that it puts pressure on the bag interior. Easy care is also a consideration.

Yes I am happy w my MaiTai. My B35 is a little bit slouchy so the MaiTai helps the bag stand while in use. I have bag pillows for all my bags when storing so technically I don’t need to keep the MT inside the bag when I store. It is just for convenience and it saves space if I do that.

Separately I own 1 7RP for B30 (great fit in my B30s), fourbi 20 (that works with multiple bags like B30, K28, Halzan 31, Evelyne 29 and Chanel Jumbo single Flap). I’ve just added in a Fourbi 25. Shall update in future how I like it. Used it ytd in my GP36 and it was great.

Depending on the bag and my needs, I switch the inserts to use. So at times I use 7RP, at times I use Fourbi inside my B30. 7RP and MaiTai are more made to a certain bag’s measurement so interchanging the use may not be possible, esp for 7RP.

Hope my msg is not too confusing or long winded lol.

Reactions: tarheelap