Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Reactions: Monique1004
Can anyone share opinions on whether I need an insert for a K32 sellier in epsom? I use inserts to protect the shape/leather (I don't carry much, so don't really need it for organization). Is it necessary for a sellier in epsom or will this specific combination hold its own?

You don't need an insert but I like to use them as precaution to protect the inside of all my bags. You never know when something could leak or cause a stain.

Had a little photo shoot this morning. Hope these help those deciding.
First up, B35 with a Mai Tai B30 insert. First picture is outside of bag with the insert. Second is with the sangles fully extended and bag open (lots of extra room). Third picture is sangles pulled 1/2 closed (this is how I carry my bag and I like this fit, call me crazy). Using the MTB30 in a B35 provides little to no structural support.
IMG_1830.jpgIMG_1826.jpgIMG_1827.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the Sooni insert for my B25. I ordered the insert after being offered the B25 but before actually seeing her. My bag is Swift leather so I wanted to give her a little support but after handling her in person, I'm not sure it's needed. The insert is very nice and for the price of around $40, I'm very pleased. It does cause the sides of my bag to want to stay open but it also does make the front of the bag nice and flat/smooth. At this point I'm thinking that I will use the insert on occasions where I'm carrying the bag all day but skip it for short outings as I think the extra support is a good idea for long hauls but unnecessary overall (if that makes sense).

Before:
View attachment 3996527
After:
View attachment 3996528 View attachment 3996529 View attachment 3996531
Hmmmmm...I'm wondering if this would be a good insert for a little but slouchy on one side swift K28? do u recommend? Looks quite stiff...
Maybe I should stick w/maitai? I need some structure tho....

Reactions: Alixkate1
@Keren16 I think both MT and 7RP are excellent quality. The MT B30 insert is a fair bit longer than the 7RP B30 insert. Because I carry my B30 cinched about 1/2 closed, I find the MT presses the sides of my bag out. Thus, I prefer the 7RP for my B30.
For someone who does not cinch their bag but leaves it loose, both inserts probably work equally well. On days I want my bag completely closed, I use the Fourbi 20, which does not touch the sides at all in my B30.

Funny enough I actually love the MTB30 insert for my B35!

My 7RP K32 insert is for a retourne.

Thanks!
I keep my inserts inside my bags. Not sure if that is good or not. Like you, I notice the Mai Tai insert presses the sides of my B30 out. I bought her new from the store about a year ago & have not worn it much. Probably a 7RP would be a better fit.
My 7RP K inserts are for a Retourne & Sellier. Though I probably do not need one for the Sellier, the bag is special to me so I decided it needs a specially made insert!

Reactions: ice75
Reactions: Monique1004
Hmmmmm...I'm wondering if this would be a good insert for a little but slouchy on one side swift K28? do u recommend? Looks quite stiff...
Maybe I should stick w/maitai? I need some structure tho....
I'm so torn on the whole insert topic now. I ended up modifying my Sooni insert to taper toward the top and it fits better now but I'm still not sure about using it often. I'd really hate to harm the swift leather and I'm not sure the insert helps that much anyway. I don't carry anything spillable so I'm not worried about that factor and the insert takes up a lot of room. It is quite stiff though so it would provide structure and might be more fitting for a 28 size. I like the custom built samorga from a few posts ago. It looks like it's the same material as the Sooni.