Scarves The Hermès Spring Summer 2018 Scarves

Gorgeous choices! I am happy to be twins with you in the JQ, which was my first purchase for the SS2018 season. Would you be so kind and post some pics of the Grand Prix lying flat and some meddling pics as well. I am trying to decide between your CW4 and CW8 in this design.

Here you are, fifi! I think this would work well with your coloring. It's a bit outside my usual scarf palette but the store didn't have much to choose from and I didn't want to miss out. My magenta top isn't a great choice but hope this helps!

IMG_1515864085.261522.jpgIMG_1515864095.191240.jpgIMG_1515864105.059778.jpgIMG_1515864116.128207.jpgIMG_1515864126.996300.jpgIMG_1515864141.548852.jpg

View attachment 3932799 View attachment 3932798 Hi everyone! I was told that my local Hermès store will be receiving shipments of the Grand Prix du Faubourg soon. For anyone out there interested in this design, besides the lilac/purple one which I love, which of these two do you prefer and why? And has anyone either seen them IRL or purchased either? First one is CW4 and the second is CW8

Orange sky

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Here you are, fifi! I think this would work well with your coloring. It's a bit outside my usual scarf palette but the store didn't have much to choose from and I didn't want to miss out. My magenta top isn't a great choice but hope this helps!

View attachment 3933340View attachment 3933342View attachment 3933346View attachment 3933348View attachment 3933349View attachment 3933350
Thank you so much, dear! I SO appreciate your post! It is spectacular! I hope they can bring it to my Hermes store. I so wish to own either CW of this scarf but want to make the right choice. This CW seems more sophisticated and subdued whereas the orange sky looks more edgy and dynamic. You have been so helpful!

CW8 is also on the front of my Christmas card from H and looks wonderful to me and the one I'd pick for you, however I always try not to get any cw I like less than my very favourite, a second should only be if I can't decide or has a completely different feel about it. I think cw8 is also the most different to the lilac/purple too.
Yes, this is one of the reasons that I’m so drawn to orange sky: because it’s Ugo Gattoni’s fav and was chosen for the Christmas card. I hope that I can try both on before I decide but form the looks of my H store, this may be unlikely.

Reactions: Angelian
I have tryed CW 08 and it was really good CW, very fresh and bright but also soft and would go to most people.
My problem is, to keep this PdS or to exchange it to Grand Prix?
I already have two PdS CW 01 and CW 08. I really like this CW 04 a lot but I have Napoleon, Paperolles and Cle des champs in lighter blue already.
So the purple Gattoni or orange sky would be an option.
Big print is better for me and classic scarves tend to look better.
I still have 2 weeks time to decide.
I am not sure, what to do?
Ok, my two cents on this is basically to NOT let go of the Samourais. It is spectacular and I think that you would regret it. The three blue scarves that you mention each have a completely look and feel so there’s no duplication factor at all here. The Grand Prix, even though a similar CW, could not be more different in style, feel and vibe than Samourais

I have tryed CW 08 and it was really good CW, very fresh and bright but also soft and would go to most people.
My problem is, to keep this PdS or to exchange it to Grand Prix?
I already have two PdS CW 01 and CW 08. I really like this CW 04 a lot but I have Napoleon, Paperolles and Cle des champs in lighter blue already.
So the purple Gattoni or orange sky would be an option.
Big print is better for me and classic scarves tend to look better.
I still have 2 weeks time to decide.
I am not sure, what to do?
Ohh, lucky you - the PdS in that cw is one I'm still regretting *not* buying! :sad:
May I ask where you bought it, as I thought it was long gone by now!

Re the purple Gattoni: it is stunning! If you like cw 08 of PdS I think you'll like this one too.
I received mine a few days ago but have not been able to try it on due to our new and very(!) curious kitten :love:

Reactions: ninakt and Langsam
Ohh, lucky you - the PdS in that cw is one I'm still regretting *not* buying! :sad:

Re the purple Gattoni: it is stunning! If you like cw 08 of PdS I think you'll like this one too.
I received mine a few days ago but have not been able to try it on due to our new and very(!) curious kitten :love:

Do you live near a boutique? I picked up that blue one myself recently. They may do a charge send for you. No harm in asking an SA to do a search (give them the reference number).

Reactions: Julide and ninakt

I bought the PdS CW 04 from Copenhagen store. It was my bday, no new scarves in yet and I didn't want to leave without one. Plus I really do like this CW 04. SA told me, that it is ok to exachage it, when the spring scarves come in. So I have kept the PdS in the orange box last two weeks waiting. But I got to try both JQ and Grand Prix a week ago at the airport store, still I kept the PdS.
Ok, my two cents on this is basically to NOT let go of the Samourais. It is spectacular and I think that you would regret it. The three blue scarves that you mention each have a completely look and feel so there’s no duplication factor at all here. The Grand Prix, even though a similar CW, could not be more different in style, feel and vibe than Samourais
Fifi, That's how I feel as well, difficult to decide though. But PdS is just gorgeous. If the Gattoni was now Hippopolis, this would honestly drive me or my wallet crazy.

View attachment 3932799 View attachment 3932798 Hi everyone! I was told that my local Hermès store will be receiving shipments of the Grand Prix du Faubourg soon. For anyone out there interested in this design, besides the lilac/purple one which I love, which of these two do you prefer and why? And has anyone either seen them IRL or purchased either? First one is CW4 and the second is CW8

I like the orange. Even though I typically avoid blue + orange combo like the plague (strongly reminds me of the colors of a school i didn't like), I think by itself it's more striking.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
CW8 is also on the front of my Christmas card from H and looks wonderful to me and the one I'd pick for you, however I always try not to get any cw I like less than my very favourite, a second should only be if I can't decide or has a completely different feel about it. I think cw8 is also the most different to the lilac/purple too.

Love that guideline for picking color ways. I will keep that in mind :smile: