Do you get better service when you carry more expensive bags?

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I was approached by an SA and she actually spent time talking to me and volunteered to take out stocks inside for me to see. It was also the first time in my life I carried a designer bag to a mall.

Coincidence?

I forgot to mention I carried a Balenciaga City bag and I went to a Balenciaga boutique.

But last week, I went to a high-end shop (which carries Balenciaga, LV, etc) and I had on my Kathmandu backpack, shorts, t-shirt and sandals and the SAs just stood where they were and didn't even greet us when we came in. lol.

Happened to me as well, but it might be the entire outfit or the way I presented myself, not sure if it is solely because of the designer bag.

None of these works for Chanel SAs though. Next time I'll try carrying a Dior instead of LV and see if there is any improvement:rolleyes:.

Not really. A little better when I’m carrying a Chanel. I think that I probably ruin my look when they get to my shoes. I have a thing for Chuck Taylors. What can I say...Chanel and Chuck Taylor are a perfect mix!
I do find, however, that I get really good service at the Michael Kors boutiques if I’m carrying one of their pricier handbags.