Gray or White Himalaya? What would you choose?

I prefer the white...I'm a sucker for the ombre effect. In an ideal world, I'd have a white Himalayan and an ombre lizard Birkin! I don't like the brownish undertones in the "grey" one. But honestly, if offered either one, I wouldn't be picky! :P Ultimately, both are stunning!

one more photo from "Hermes windows around the world" thread, photo credit: tpfer "bags to die for"

I think the gray kelly seems to blend/ombre more naturally than the gray birkin on the first page.

I'm thinking about the same question... white or gray... My heart sings for white but I'm so afraid it may get dirty easily; I got an tangerine ostrich b30 last year and I did carry with care since it's my first ostrich. But I sent it back to spa for cleaning after just two months!!! I just don't want to see any tiny whatever spot on my exotic :cool: But I do find the croc is quite durable!

Can any Himalaya owner share the care experience? TIA :smile:

Attachments

• H Himalaya.jpg
    H Himalaya.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 884
one more photo from "Hermes windows around the world" thread, photo credit: tpfer "bags to die for"

I think the gray kelly seems to blend/ombre more naturally than the gray birkin on the first page.

I'm thinking about the same question... white or gray... My heart sings for white but I'm so afraid it may get dirty easily; I got an tangerine ostrich b30 last year and I did carry with care since it's my first ostrich. But I sent it back to spa for cleaning after just two months!!! I just don't want to see any tiny whatever spot on my exotic :cool: But I do find the croc is quite durable!

Can any Himalaya owner share the care experience? TIA :smile:

Thank you Jamaka for posting this picture!

It's really hard to say which is more beautiful! I would probably go for the gray. But that's because I've had the chance to buy the white one but I wasn't in love with the unfinishes look and feel of the leather...

I am not a huge Birkin fan but the coolest one I have seen is the Himalayan Birkin that has a blue effect. No clue if it's real I ran into the picture online but I found it very unique and beautiful.

I am wondering if it's truly blue or due to the lighting?

Attachments

• image-2451115923.jpg
    image-2451115923.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 1,405
Last edited:
Thank you Jamaka for posting this picture!

It's really hard to say which is more beautiful! I would probably go for the gray. But that's because I've had the chance to buy the white one but I wasn't in love with the unfinishes look and feel of the leather...

Thank you for the info...:smile:

I am not a huge Birkin fan but the coolest one I have seen is the Himalayan Birkin that has a blue effect. No clue if it's real I ran into the picture online but I found it very unique and beautiful.

I am wondering if it's truly blue or due to the lighting?
This should be the gray one. I've see nthe swatch and many pictures. The swatch i saw was turning more on a gray/gleen but the pictures posted here vary very much. I Love the one you posted and the one posted at the biginning of this thread, with the lady in the street...
The fact is i'm not sure which is the correct picture of a gray himalaya...

I was offered one from my store, size 35. but price is almost 300.000$ although it is 190.000Euro in France. So I didn't get it. Still wait for the right time and the right size. I adore size 30 better.

greyhimalayan3.jpg

I initially saw this skin many years ago, and at the time I was under the assumption that it only came in one shade. Then I saw the Gris Cendre (30 Birkin) in the 'mothership' store in Paris (not pictured above) and was floored- it was absolutely gorgeous! Does anyone here prefer one color over the other? If so, why?

One question. Does the Himalayan B comes only in porosus crocodile?

-Only in Nilo
-Only in Matte
-If anyone is wondering....no it's not an albino croc....just color dyed a white-grey ombre effect.

Just to add another tidbit of info to stir the pot a little...

Hermes is coming out with ombre effect exotic Birkins in other colors in the near future (think purple, blue, etc. ombre) :eek: