Gray or White Himalaya? What would you choose?

Ciao Costa! I'm absolutely no expert in exotics in general, and I'm not a big fan of the Himalayan (as I think you know, lol), but between the 2, I would choose the grey over the white, as it's more understated and subtle. The white looks dirty to me (OK, you can start throwing the tomatoes!)

As for H/W, I think it would look good with both, again silver is more understated , but it really boils down to your personal preference, as I said, IMO both H/W suit it.

Costa,

I too vote for the grey. I have seen it IRL. Twice . Once in the store, once live. It is absolutely STUNNING. (not as brownish as the first picture you posted in this thread) and very wearable.
It is less contrasted than the white and for that reason, it looks less bi-color than the white does.
I think it works like a neutral (Etoupe or Poussiere ), so you get much use of it. At least I would:amuse:

dear costa I chose based on the swatch. Funny thing is- I was never a fan of the himalayan croc- nor the white one- actually quite the opposite here. But this greige one I find to be a nice addition to my neutrals - it is not too "screaming" (for me anyway) as the white one, but very understated luxe. This is how I picture it will speak to me when I see/ hold it for the first time :smile:
This is exactly why I would chose the gray. Understated luxe. Congrats on your order varvara!

Costa, the gray will be a great choice IMO. Simply stunning, oozing style:biggrin:

Costa,

I too vote for the grey. I have seen it IRL. Twice . Once in the store, once live. It is absolutely STUNNING. (not as brownish as the first picture you posted in this thread) and very wearable.
It is less contrasted than the white and for that reason, it looks less bi-color than the white does.
I think it works like a neutral (Etoupe or Poussiere ), so you get much use of it. At least I would:amuse:

Thank you Perlerare, did you have the chance to notice if the Gray is less porosus then the white? When I touched the white, I had this feeling as if the leather was left quite "wild" (not only the look, which I like, it was also at touch). My gator is smooth and soft. The white himalaya was porosus and quite rough compared to my gator.
Thanks

dear costa I chose based on the swatch. Funny thing is- I was never a fan of the himalayan croc- nor the white one- actually quite the opposite here. But this greige one I find to be a nice addition to my neutrals - it is not too "screaming" (for me anyway) as the white one, but very understated luxe. This is how I picture it will speak to me when I see/ hold it for the first time :smile:

Thank you Varvara! I can't stop thinking of the "acqua/green" undertone I saw in the swatch I saw and I find it soooo beautiful. The swatch I saw was not a plain gray..did you have this impression too with your swatch?

Thank you Varvara! I can't stop thinking of the "acqua/green" undertone I saw in the swatch I saw and I find it soooo beautiful. The swatch I saw was not a plain gray..did you have this impression too with your swatch?

Costa! definitely NOT plain grey... I agree here. As I said, i don't like Himalayan Birkins too much at all. I am more of the mono-color person when it comes to crocs. But when I saw the swatch I remember I thought to myself what a unique, different color, I have never seen anything like this before. Multi color but almost appearing like mono. Special. Hence- I ordered one.

Costa! definitely NOT plain grey... I agree here. As I said, i don't like Himalayan Birkins too much at all. I am more of the mono-color person when it comes to crocs. But when I saw the swatch I remember I thought to myself what a unique, different color, I have never seen anything like this before. Multi color but almost appearing like mono. Special. Hence- I ordered one.

Costa, they are both very beautiful bags and I look forward to seeing your reveal.
If I was to choose I would pick grey since it is to me, more "unique" then the white.
I hope you are happy with either color you pick.
You have a fun decision to make, enjoy...;)

Last edited:
Seriously I were offered one, and had the funds, I would just get it, but personally I prefer the white one with PHW... even if someone offered me a fuchsia croc birkin, I would still get it (imagine a 5'11' guy toting around a giant pink birkin hahahahhaha) So yeah, hope this helps?

Yes... I ordered it. First my SM told me 35 w Gold was absolutely OK (this was cca 3-4 months ago). But as he was actually ordering it, he called me and informed me it is only available in 30 w Pall... Hermés- unpredictable to the last second- as always :graucho:

Yea, SM also said only phw is offered for himalaya this time.
Wish they would make it in ghw!!!

Favor singular color for croc... Especially, matte graphite for a me grey^
Prefer the color ranges of the white -> etoupey-light brown - this spec covers all those shades in between...

:P waiting :P