Gray or White Himalaya? What would you choose?

Tae is right. Costa, another few more pics to show the differences for 2nd version of Himalaya.

Unfortunately, White croc will turn yellow with age, it needs to be send for spa at certain period of time. I second Etoupebirkin, as much as I love Himalaya (both original and 2nd version), if you can order a full greige matte/shiny croc or gris elephant shiny/matte croc B, with a different color lining, this would be my pick.:smile:

Attachments

• Mrs_ Leeyen Widjaja, Mrs_ Sherly Worth, Mrs_ Shinta Kamdani and  Mrs_ Linda Tan.JPG
    Mrs_ Leeyen Widjaja, Mrs_ Sherly Worth, Mrs_ Shinta Kamdani and Mrs_ Linda Tan.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Mrs_ Leeyen Wijaya.jpg
    Mrs_ Leeyen Wijaya.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,045
  • sept10_social_img_07_grace chng.jpg
    sept10_social_img_07_grace chng.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 852
  • chanelcruiselindairawaty.jpg
    chanelcruiselindairawaty.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 846
  • LEAD_8.jpg
    LEAD_8.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 810
Ciao Costa! I'm absolutely no expert in exotics in general, and I'm not a big fan of the Himalayan (as I think you know, lol), but between the 2, I would choose the grey over the white, as it's more understated and subtle. The white looks dirty to me (OK, you can start throwing the tomatoes!)

As for H/W, I think it would look good with both, again silver is more understated , but it really boils down to your personal preference, as I said, IMO both H/W suit it.
Lol I know you are not a fan of the Himalaya. I saw the swatch of the gray Himalaya and I really can't figure out how a whole Birkin would look....

If it were me, I would get the greige one. But like Duna, I am not a fan of himalayans.
I saw a white one at my local boutique years ago and went "meh"
to myself. To me it just looked odd. I like the grey one much better, though.

However, a Gris Elephant matte croc 30 w/GHW lined in Tosca would rock my world.
:smile: I love elephant. But what intrigues me in this birkin is the gradient of gray to brown....

Tae is right. Costa, another few more pics to show the differences for 2nd version of Himalaya.

Unfortunately, White croc will turn yellow with age, it needs to be send for spa at certain period of time. I second Etoupebirkin, as much as I love Himalaya (both original and 2nd version), if you can order a full greige matte/shiny croc or gris elephant shiny/matte croc B, with a different color lining, this would be my pick.:smile:

Thank you Iffa, very good to know! :flowers:

Costa,

I too vote for the grey. I have seen it IRL. Twice . Once in the store, once live. It is absolutely STUNNING. (not as brownish as the first picture you posted in this thread) and very wearable.
It is less contrasted than the white and for that reason, it looks less bi-color than the white does.
I think it works like a neutral (Etoupe or Poussiere ), so you get much use of it. At least I would:amuse:

Costa,

I too vote for the grey. I have seen it IRL. Twice . Once in the store, once live. It is absolutely STUNNING. (not as brownish as the first picture you posted in this thread) and very wearable.
It is less contrasted than the white and for that reason, it looks less bi-color than the white does.
I think it works like a neutral (Etoupe or Poussiere ), so you get much use of it. At least I would:amuse:
Thank you so much for your advice and info. I too think the gray Himalaya could be used like an Etoupe or Poussiere. I am drooling over the picture with the lady in black holding it on the arm. It looks gray with a kind of blue undertone and I'd that't the real color, than i would choose Gray hands down!