Official MOYNAT Thread

I got my first Moynat today from Rue Saint Honore: a Gabrielle.

It was a very nice experience. I got to play around with different sizes and colours (colour combination). I love dove grey and the clay green but I also loved the larger size, which is a rare commodity. I went with the larger one (saving the medium (pm) in dove grey for my next visit)!

May I introduce large Gabrielle in Tonga:

View attachment 3864719

Here it is with my trusty chanel mini and petite h chat:

View attachment 3864720

And the same thing but with the other side of the chat:

View attachment 3864721

(I also loved their bag charm!! Had I not bought this hermes chat I would have jumped on the cute Moynat cat...)
Congrats on your Moynat bag! She is a beauty and I'm glad you had a pleasant experience buying her.

Reactions: cap4life and Meowwu
Congrats on your Moynat bag! She is a beauty and I'm glad you had a pleasant experience buying her.
Thank you. I mauled over the colour and size so much. I preferred the larger size yet I loved the grey mauve colour (so much that I now wonder if I should have gone with the smaller size and colour). But I have convinced myself that I can pick up the other colour next time! The only question remains is if it’s too much to have two Gabrielle :confused1:

Lol.

Thank you. I mauled over the colour and size so much. I preferred the larger size yet I loved the grey mauve colour (so much that I now wonder if I should have gone with the smaller size and colour). But I have convinced myself that I can pick up the other colour next time! The only question remains is if it’s too much to have two Gabrielle :confused1:

Lol.
Ikr, once you buy one bag, you are contemplating on the size and on your next purchase! Gabrielle is a beautiful bag and you can never have too many of them just like the Chanel minis......lol. I have my eye on the Rejane bag so I might be joining the club soon. Enjoy your new bag!

Ikr, once you buy one bag, you are contemplating on the size and on your next purchase! Gabrielle is a beautiful bag and you can never have too many of them just like the Chanel minis......lol. I have my eye on the Rejane bag so I might be joining the club soon. Enjoy your new bag!
Thank you for the comforting words.

Can’t wait to see your colour and size choices on rejane! ;)

Hi ladies, I am new to this brand and have been reading posts here and there about Moynat bags. Do any of you have the Madeleine Strap bag? I like the clean lines of the bag, but haven’t seen this bag in person so it’s kinda hard to make up my mind...

- Do you think the bag is more formal or causal looking? When I buy bags I try to buy bags that are versatile enough that I can dress up or down. Otherwise, I do prefer bags that have a more casual vibe as that suits more of my life style. I can’t seem to make up my mind as to whether this bag is too dressy for a weekend jeans look or not...The coral color one really caught my attention, but I’m not sure what to wear with it...if you own or have tried the bag IRL, could you answer some of the questions I have?

- I’m petite (only 5’1”) so I’m not sure if the bag would look too big on me? I see that the length of the strap can be adjusted, and also wonder if the shortest length would work on me if u carry it on the side vs. cross body.

- is the bag relatively light weight? I’d think so given the minimal use of hardware...

- How’s the leather quality? Does it hold up well? Will it lose it shape over time?

- How about access and capacity? I see that the bottom gets wider so I assume daily essential should fit in it.

TIA!

IMG_1510253821.647862.jpgIMG_1510253841.438517.jpg

Anyone know the price in euros for the smallest and medium (petit?) Rejane? I’m eyeing what appears to be the medium size, and I love the idea of a box calf leather in black. Though it appears the slightly more textured leather (sorry don’t know the name) is more commonly produced perhaps?
The rejane bb (20cm) in taurillon gex leather is around 3500 euro and box is around 4800 euro I think. The 26cm in taurillon gex is around 3900 euro.

I got my first Moynat today from Rue Saint Honore: a Gabrielle.

It was a very nice experience. I got to play around with different sizes and colours (colour combination). I love dove grey and the clay green but I also loved the larger size, which is a rare commodity. I went with the larger one (saving the medium (pm) in dove grey for my next visit)!

May I introduce large Gabrielle in Tonga:

View attachment 3864719

Here it is with my trusty chanel mini and petite h chat:

View attachment 3864720

And the same thing but with the other side of the chat:

View attachment 3864721

(I also loved their bag charm!! Had I not bought this hermes chat I would have jumped on the cute Moynat cat...)
May i ask what size is ur gabrielle and how much was retail in france?

The rejane bb (20cm) in taurillon gex leather is around 3500 euro and box is around 4800 euro I think. The 26cm in taurillon gex is around 3900 euro.

Yes I think you're right. I got the prices myself written down somewhere. The box Rejane is absolutely gorgeous. I didn't pick it up in Paris, as I needed time to get used to the design of this bag in my head. But I may go back to get it there!

I’m curious what others think of the new website. It’s very different than the old one but not better IMO.
Well I guess anything is better than the old one. LOL:oh:
I find the site cumbersome to navigate, but the pictures of the bags are better quality. You have to dig deep to actually get examples of all the bag styles. Would be nice to have had examples of all colours and leathers available. There are a couple of styles that seem to have disappeared, like Paradis:sad:. Also interesting that they have chosen not to be web merchants, but direct online purchases to Barney’s, a US retailer. Not geared for the non-US customer. Measurements are in inches, always annoying to me.:nuts: I’ll stop my rant for now.:P

Well I guess anything is better than the old one. LOL:oh:
I find the site cumbersome to navigate, but the pictures of the bags are better quality. You have to dig deep to actually get examples of all the bag styles. Would be nice to have had examples of all colours and leathers available. There are a couple of styles that seem to have disappeared, like Paradis:sad:. Also interesting that they have chosen not to be web merchants, but direct online purchases to Barney’s, a US retailer. Not geared for the non-US customer. Measurements are in inches, always annoying to me.:nuts: I’ll stop my rant for now.:P
My issue is that it's very "slick" looking, which IMO doesn't go with the brand. My guess is that their deal with Barney's includes exclusive online sales. (And they're calling the downtown Barney's a "trunk show" but they have more shelf space in the store than most of the other handbag brands.)

And, I didn't realize how much it would annoy me to have these special bags a click away instead of under the radar except for those in the know. Oh well. Within a couple of years they'll probably cost as much as H.

Reactions: Mousy