What to get...?

ShyShy,

I'll try and summarise the main differences btw the 2 versions and then post pics afterwards.
- the bamboo detail on the stem is no longer on the new version, as you've pointed out.
- the leaves are positioned differently, as you've also pointed out. Most noticeably, on the old version, one of the leaves points downwards, at roughly a 45 degree angle. On the new, the leaves are closer together. I'd say this is the main difference.
- the end of the stem ends up on a different place, so more on the face up position (not sure how to describe it, but you can see in the pics)
- the centre diamond is raised slighly on the new version (unfortunately, I didn't manage to capture this But I'm going back to VCA tomorrow or on Saturday to pick up my earrings, so if you'd like me to take a close-up, let me know and I'll try)

I didn't discern any noticeable difference in the swivel/ opening and closing mechanism. It seems to be the same to me on both.

The new version is still, as I said, plenty beautiful. It's funny, the SA cleaned my ring and brought them both out on the same tray; and at first glance, I couldn't tell which was which! lol
Thanks for the summary Phoenix! I'm not sure I see the attachments?

The petals on the older version appear more refined.
Five of the diamonds surrounding the center seem to have more gold surrounding the diamonds.
While this ring in NOT for me, I hate to see these changes. The new version looks like a replica of the old version and not in a good way.

Oh wow!! I must say I didn't notice the the second point you raised.

If I recall correctly, the petals seem to be the same. Might be just the pic.

When I go back tomorrow/ Saturday, I'll double check these.

Yes. I feel the new version is chunkier. The leaves and petals look wider. Especially the petals, they look fatter without the defined marquise shape of the old petals. I'm wondering if they flattened the curve of the flower to make it appear bigger whilst reducing the carat weight. Somehow the older version looks more delicate like a flower blooming, more 3D. That's why I'm speculating they've flattened the curve of the petals... I still prefer the ring worn closed with the new one. When opened the stem at the end looks unfinished for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the center stone being raised is to again make the stone 'appear' more substantial than it actually is (not that it's a big stone anyway). Sneaky changes