What to get...?

What I don't like about the new version - and please correct me if I'm wrong as I am just going on the photos - is that part towards the center where you have the five diamonds set out almost like a star shape. In the new version it seems that there is more metal (gold) around each individual diamond where in the original there was less metal and the diamond seemed more integrated with that piece. The new version is more visually jarring to me, it almost looks like eyes. Am I correct on this?

This bracelet is gorgeous. Wow! Gonna go look it up right now...
I agree with this. Additionally, the petals on the new version appear to "cup" less (hope this makes sense) and the stem lacks the bamboo detailing.

Have some issues quoting:

The old version lotus ring, which I purchased earlier this year, can use some re-design ideas to make it more comfortable, but obviously they did not work on that too much. Somehow, it fits well on my left hand, but not that comfortable on my right hand.

Reactions: ShyShy
Have some issues quoting:

The old version lotus ring, which I purchased earlier this year, can use some re-design ideas to make it more comfortable, but obviously they did not work on that too much. Somehow, it fits well on my left hand, but not that comfortable on my right hand.
Thank you for sharing! I was wondering if the leaves were the problem because they curve down? As in, in some pictures I see the pointy tip of the leaves poking in a little on the skin? The new version seem to have flatter leaves, albeit less 3D

I am thinking the leaves seem to fan out more in the older design making it more likely to poke into the skin whereas the newer design is less angled, which I like. The newer design, whilst less intricate, has a flatter shank (stem part). Even though chunkier, I felt it was slightly more comfortable. But this comparison is from memory because they no longer carry the old version for me to compare.

ShyShy, if the leaves are flatter, it may be more comfortable. I have not yet tried it...From Phoenix' pics, it's still plenty beautiful, though I'm not a big fan of the thicker metal around the five diamonds.

ShyShy, if the leaves are flatter, it may be more comfortable. I have not yet tried it...From Phoenix' pics, it's still plenty beautiful, though I'm not a big fan of the thicker metal around the five diamonds.
The image of jar jar binks keep coming to mind after BBC's post . But I agree, I prefer the older design in this regard. The raised centre is also something I'm not sure about. Looks like I'm now inching towards the watch.

Today I went to the store and tried on the lotus ring for fun. I think I can get over the lack of bamboo details and the less curly leaves, but the thicker metal around the five small diamonds still bothers me a little. That said, it really is such a beautiful ring...

This is the photo I took today, in case it can help as one more reference. (Pls ignore my messy nails :P)

Attachments

• CC553D37-C74B-469F-951F-956D9F0265B2-14305-00000DDB4F911FA1_tmp.jpg
    CC553D37-C74B-469F-951F-956D9F0265B2-14305-00000DDB4F911FA1_tmp.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 285
  • D3C3A0D0-C006-4BCB-A496-EAAE4C3E83CC-14305-00000DDB54D56E68_tmp.jpg
    D3C3A0D0-C006-4BCB-A496-EAAE4C3E83CC-14305-00000DDB54D56E68_tmp.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 295
Today I went to the store and tried on the lotus ring for fun. I think I can get over the lack of bamboo details and the less curly leaves, but the thicker metal around the five small diamonds still bothers me a little. That said, it really is such a beautiful ring...

This is the photo I took today, in case it can help as one more reference. (Pls ignore my messy nails :P)
You wear the ring so beautifully! The pictures are so clear as well. It is still a gorgeous piece. When I tried the ring on swiveled out, I wore it upside down (compared to your picture). I think it looks much better the way you wear it. The leaves seem to curve harmoniously towards the flower. What do you think of the way they ended the stem? Does it feel unfinished to you when the ring is opened outwards?