Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Hi everyone! This is my first PF post so please let me know if this isn't in the correct thread, etc...

I'm looking to purchase my first love bracelet that will eventually go to my little girl :heart: (love hearing all these stories on this thread!). We live in Paris and the original plan was to make a special day of it and go together to the original boutique to purchase the bracelet. HOWEVER, we are French citizens so don't have access to tax refund-- can anyone tell me what the current price is in the US so I can compare? I am concerned with the VAT that it will be significantly more expensive in France, and we are going to the US soon so I am wondering if it would be much cheaper there....

Last edited:
Reactions: Kindness3
Hi everyone! This is my first PF post so please let me know if this isn't in the correct thread, etc...

I'm looking to purchase my first love bracelet that will eventually go to my little girl :heart: (love hearing all these stories on this thread!). We live in Paris and the original plan was to make a special day of it and go together to the original boutique to purchase the bracelet. HOWEVER, we are French citizens so don't have access to tax refund-- can anyone tell me what the current price is in the US so I can compare? I am concerned with the VAT that it will be significantly more expensive in France, and we are going to the US soon so I am wondering if it would be much cheaper there....

The price is $6,300 for YG and $6,750 for WG. There is sales tax on top of this price. The sales tax varies in each state.

Reactions: effanie

The US price is comparable to Euro price, once you add the sales tax (6% - 10%, depending on which state).

However, if you can fly through Heathrow airport on your way to the US, you can purchase the Cartier there, VAT-free. The current price is £4208, or €4708, or $5530.

I believe that's the best Cartier price anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee-licious
Hello! I personally very much agree ^^ I have 2 loves and they are scratched (especially since I chose to size up so they sit like bangles ), and I love them more than the day I got them. I will admit that the first scratch hurt (especially since it is quite noticeable), but then I think about the time that the scratch occurred and what was going on in my life, and I have associated that scratch, as well as the ones that have followed, with happy memories/life events. For example, the first scratch occurred while I was making dinner and visiting with my family. The second scratch occurred while I was moving to my current home which I love so much. Over the years, I know I will get more scratches - and I hope I do - because to me, that will mean that I will have many more years of warm memories to look back upon. That said, my advice is to just enjoy what you have in the moment and of course, to wear them in good health. Just my 2 cents :smile:
Absolute love your story .I feel that's beautiful memories to remember your loves by

Som
That is horrible. We pay all of this money for the Cartier name and quality and they do not measure up to what we pay for and deserve. I am freaking out because the SA messed up all 4 screws on my two bracelets and even took away enough gold with a regular screwdriver that the slots are too big for a screwdriver to even fit correctly into it. I never had a single problem with my screws until he touched them. I went into the boutique to try on a Juste Un Clou bracelet and the SA asked if I have ever checked my screws or had a problem with them. I said I never had a problem and have never checked the screws. He said he wanted to check my screws to make sure they were tight because the bracelets could fall off otherwise. Once he touched the screws, this all happened. The mansion said all the screws needed to be replaced. I fought for new bracelets, but the new ones do not fit the same way as my old ones, even though they are all a size 18. My old ones never left indents all around my arm the way the new ones they supplied me with. I asked the manager to track down my original bracelets with the broken screws because I thought maybe I should just have the screws replaced. However, after hearing your story, I am afraid to have them touched. I don't know what to do. This back and forth has been going on since June 4.

Do you think I should just keep the new set that they gave me, even though they have a tighter fit and hope I will get used to that tighter fit, or have them replace all of the screws on my original bracelets? I am nervous that if they replace the screws and they're still not right that they won't offer me a replacement again. Also, the first set of replacements they gave me were not even symmetrical. One bracelet was practically overlapping the other, and one stuck out a lot further. Even when I stacked the bracelets at the boutique with the manager, their circumference was not symmetrical. Do you think this could be because the bracelets were made in different locations as they have different engraving inside?

Do you wish that you never had the screw replaced?

Good luck today at the boutique! They should replace your bracelet because it is not right at all. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I know exactly how you feel.
Thank you all for your feedback I was thinking of having mine polish and so repairs done from years of having them,but after reading all the problems all you ladies had forget it. I'll keep them just they way they are. Thank you for the warning and stories too .was big help .I'm sorry about all you ladies and how things want wrong for you.i know when we get these loves they have special meaning to us,I think so SA lose that though, someone don't realize or care either which is extreme sad.because u can't replace those sentimental feelings we have for our loves

Reactions: VandaOrchid
Hi Ladies! I need you opinion. I'm thinking about adding a second love, but so torn between the thin version and the classic one. Attached are two picture of each stacked with my clou and love (both in rg). Please let me know what you think. TIA View attachment 3778950View attachment 3778951
I really like the the WG in classic (wider) version love, it is so classic and perfect for stacking with another regular love.

After months and months of agonizing over which size (16 or 17) to get, I'm finally joining the club with my very own bangle.

Except, DH surprised me with the 4-diamond one, instead of the plain gold one like we talked about.:yahoo:

I was seriously dumbfounded when I took it out of the box, and saw the diamonds. :eek:DH said because it was a wedding anniversary + 1st Mother's Day gift, he just wanted me to have something extra special.

I've had it on my wrist for a couple of hours now, and I'm still kind of in shock, lol.IMG_20170729_014502.jpg

Last edited:
After months and months of agonizing over which size (16 or 17) to get, I'm finally joining the club with my very own bangle.

Except, DH surprised me with the 4-diamond one, instead of the plain gold one like we talked about.:eek::yahoo:

I was seriously dumbfounded when I took it out of the box, and saw the diamonds. DH said because it was a wedding anniversary + 1st Mother's Day gift, he wanted me to have something extra special.

I've had it on my wrist for a couple of hours now, and I'm still kind of in shock, lol.View attachment 3778974
It's beautiful:smile: congratulations!