Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

Wow you have a good eye! Looks like it must have been that color way

It happens to be one of my favorite designs. I was wearing it when I went to the museum in Paris and the curator randomly pulled out a book from the 1700s- the Della cavalleria inspiration. I unfurled my scarf and we both teared up with excitement. Complete coincidence. She had no idea because I had it tied tightly at my neck. [emoji173]️

Wear it in good health BBC.

Ok, home now and photos taken. I am so thrilled with how this turned out. Truly a complete surprise, as I did not lose any of the colors except the white. The olive is still olive, the navy is still fairly navy, the Orange is still orange and of course black is black. The chief difference is now the white is a gorgeous bright pink and the light blue is now lavender. Love love love!

The texture is amazing.

I'm posting before photos but IRL it was maybe a bit duller due to age.

View attachment 3733794

As I mentioned, I dropped off the light pink Samourais and we chose Violet. Yes, they will hold at Madison but only for a week.

The big surprise was in the showcase, I cannot believe I found this beauty. My new absolute favorite scarf...Della Cavalleria DD in purples. This is very similar to the purple Cavalleria d'Etriers GM. I don't know how the lettering is silver! Accent colors are various shades of blue, with Violet, lavender, black, Bordeaux, gray and a dull gold. [emoji171][emoji170][emoji171][emoji170][emoji171][emoji170]

View attachment 3733797

View attachment 3733798

View attachment 3733799

View attachment 3733800
That purple is gorgeous!

Reactions: BBC
Ok, home now and photos taken. I am so thrilled with how this turned out. Truly a complete surprise, as I did not lose any of the colors except the white. The olive is still olive, the navy is still fairly navy, the Orange is still orange and of course black is black. The chief difference is now the white is a gorgeous bright pink and the light blue is now lavender. Love love love!

The texture is amazing.

I'm posting before photos but IRL it was maybe a bit duller due to age.

View attachment 3733794

As I mentioned, I dropped off the light pink Samourais and we chose Violet. Yes, they will hold at Madison but only for a week.

The big surprise was in the showcase, I cannot believe I found this beauty. My new absolute favorite scarf...Della Cavalleria DD in purples. This is very similar to the purple Cavalleria d'Etriers GM. I don't know how the lettering is silver! Accent colors are various shades of blue, with Violet, lavender, black, Bordeaux, gray and a dull gold. [emoji171][emoji170][emoji171][emoji170][emoji171][emoji170]

View attachment 3733797

View attachment 3733798

View attachment 3733799

View attachment 3733800

OMG these are amazing!!! So glad you were bold.

It looks like they have reattached the plastic tags on the ones they are selling. The original CWs and season, or does it say dipdye?

Reactions: BBC
Gorgeous Della cavalleria!

I'm trying to resist the pre dyed ones since I feel like I have enough 90s .... but pictures like this are making it very hard... so unique and beautiful ...

My problem exactly! I wish I had been able to go the first day, then see how they came out, and buy something if the results weren't what I hoped.

Reactions: jayjay77
Gorgeous Della cavalleria!

Thank you!

It happens to be one of my favorite designs. I was wearing it when I went to the museum in Paris and the curator randomly pulled out a book from the 1700s- the Della cavalleria inspiration. I unfurled my scarf and we both teared up with excitement. Complete coincidence. She had no idea because I had it tied tightly at my neck. [emoji173]️

Wear it in good health BBC.

Aw thanks so much PBP [emoji8][emoji171] I adore this design, but for some reason I was not buying scarves that season so I completely missed it. Thrilled to finally have one!

That purple is gorgeous!

Thanks!!! [emoji259]

OMG these are amazing!!! So glad you were bold.

It looks like they have reattached the plastic tags on the ones they are selling. The original CWs and season, or does it say dipdye?

Thank you moma!!! [emoji8] the tag just says surteint iris.

Reactions: momasaurus
Thanks, BBC and PbP! Well, part of the fun is the excitement of not knowing what I'm gonna get!
jayjay, I know exactly how you feel. I walked in fully intending to DROP OFF ONLY, and walked out having purchased one of the display scarves. Sigh.

I hope you share which one! I saw a blue purple portes du palais I loved but the customer looking at it bought it, so dodged a bullet there

My problem exactly! I wish I had been able to go the first day, then see how they came out, and buy something if the results weren't what I hoped.
The only cure for that is to buy something at drop off, just in case :lol:
My plans for the weekend are changing by the minute and now I can't go at all. I'm looking forward to the D.C. Event at this point. I am sad that there is no green or grey, were they available at this location at all?

Reactions: momasaurus
I went in the first day intending on dropping off and chickened out last minute and didn't bring them with me, so then I purchased two dip dyes!

IMG_1497709052.076642.jpg
IMG_1497709066.937630.jpg

After finding my ex-calibris a carreaux I completely forgot about, I went back yesterday to drop it off. The colorists were super helpful and advised which color may be best depending on what I envisioned depending on what color I was gravitating towards (I was stuck between violet and pink). I finally chose pink bc it was a lot brighter[emoji28]. They did mention that pink and blue were the most popular and that they had to wait until they had about 15 scarves of one color before they could dye them.

Will post before and after pics when I pick it up!

Loving everyone's dip dye pics! I went in on Thurs eve with 5 older 90s, and ended up doing 3, one in each color. Can't wait to see how they came out...But what was interesting was seeing what scarves everyone else had brought in & what dip-dye colors they were choosing. Of course, some of the scarves hanging on display were simply irresistible so hubby and I ended up with 5 in various colors, of past designs that I had been looking for. Even hubby was having fun & enjoying his 'ironed out' truffle toast!
Was so happy to find the orange bolduc dipdye (4th one in from the right, hanging in 2nd pic) - will have to try it on when I finally receive it.
The woman before me was able to do her twilly as a dipdye (at least, this was still the policy on Thurs eve). The H-staff from the Madison store said they were specifically looking for downtown space & were lucky that 90 Gansevoort was available. Will post pics of my scarves when they are ready :smile:
IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0471(1).JPG

I went in the first day intending on dropping off and chickened out last minute and didn't bring them with me, so then I purchased two dip dyes!

View attachment 3734264
View attachment 3734265

After finding my ex-calibris a carreaux I completely forgot about, I went back yesterday to drop it off. The colorists were super helpful and advised which color may be best depending on what I envisioned depending on what color I was gravitating towards (I was stuck between violet and pink). I finally chose pink bc it was a lot brighter[emoji28]. They did mention that pink and blue were the most popular and that they had to wait until they had about 15 scarves of one color before they could dye them.

Will post before and after pics when I pick it up!
lovefirey, we are twins on the Jardin Anglais! Is yours a red or fuchsia dip-dye? Here's a pic of mine...Love your Kachinas, too! The turquoise color is so vibrant! Enjoy!
IMG_0495(1).JPG

Last edited:
I was surprised when the colorist said Nashville, but didn't press her on it. Maybe because it's a pop up? The NY one is in the Meatpacking district. Maybe the LA one will be in Venice or Melrose? Perhaps someone else can confirm since I won't be in the area.
I was surprised when I heard Nashville as well...I wonder if they are thinking of opening a store there some time in the future? I asked about Houston/ Dallas & Chicago areas, but sadly, they were not on the list. The Meatpacking district makes sense esp. with the Whitney museum right across the street...nice vibe IMO, but rent for this space must be $$$

I am loving all these before/after DD shots, thank you to everyone posting!
Question: Has anyone gotten a jacquard dip dyed? Curious to know if the woven pattern shows up even more when it's dip dyed ...