~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

I actually gasped when I first saw a pic of this bag! Such a beautiful looking boy! But the last thing I need is ANOTHER black bag in my collection. LOL Also, a couple of my concerns are the issues some owner's of 17P caviar are having with chipping (not sure if this would have the same issues) and issues with the black hardware chipping. I may kick myself for passing on it if these turn out not to be valid concerns though.

The so black is made of grained lambskin, not caviar (grained calfskin). I will be curious to see how this leather wears since for me this is the first time I have seen a grained lambskin release by Chanel. I talked with my SA and she said the same thing... her first time seeing grained lambskin as well! She also thought it was caviar as first but triple checked and told me it was a grained lambskin. I just bought this so black card holder, I'll post more pics and what I think of this grained lambskin leather when it arrives this coming week!!

IMG_1488006261.539981.jpg

I've noticed that on some bags, including the brand new ones in the store, have a crooked CC embossing on the lock. Is this normal? I was looking at a chevron boy in store, and it gave me pause as to whether not I should purchase it in case it's a defect.
It's not defect. It's all handmade that why some are not 100% straight. I've checked at store and some were like that. Mine's the same. I have no issue with that.

Reactions: ravestijn
My SA told me that the 17P caviar boy is made of lambskin with caviar finish. That's why the caviar feels so soft. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The so black is made of grained lambskin, not caviar (grained calfskin). I will be curious to see how this leather wears since for me this is the first time I have seen a grained lambskin release by Chanel. I talked with my SA and she said the same thing... her first time seeing grained lambskin as well! She also thought it was caviar as first but triple checked and told me it was a grained lambskin. I just bought this so black card holder, I'll post more pics and what I think of this grained lambskin leather when it arrives this coming week!!

View attachment 3615976

Beautiful collection! Do you own other types of Chanel bags?

Is the pink bag the new medium size? I'm on the lookout for a boy bag in pink with gold hardware.

Dear kikirabbit, yes I own a couple of classic flaps, I've posted the whole chanel family in the "chanel family" thread. The pink bag is also the old medium size (it might look bigger in picture due to the way the picture was taken), you should totally go for it, it's my most recent purchase and I absolutely LOVE it!!

View attachment 3612336

I just want to share this with those who want to buy 17P caviar boys, I did hit my bag a few times on doors when i wear it as a shoulder bag, be very careful with your bags ... im heartbroken but at least i'm enjoying my bag to the fullest.

Hi! I can not help but give unsolicited advice am just browsing in this forum once in a while, am OCD [emoji6]. I would dab a little Black Meltonian Cream, let it dry and wipe with soft cloth. It should look great again.

Reactions: MsLVinDC
Dear kikirabbit, yes I own a couple of classic flaps, I've posted the whole chanel family in the "chanel family" thread. The pink bag is also the old medium size (it might look bigger in picture due to the way the picture was taken), you should totally go for it, it's my most recent purchase and I absolutely LOVE it!!
Can you tell me more about the pink boy? Is it current season? Leather, hardware etc?

I'm still stuck contemplating between the small or old medium size...

Can you tell me more about the pink boy? Is it current season? Leather, hardware etc?

I'm still stuck contemplating between the small or old medium size...

The pink boy is made of lambskin, but it feels tougher than my other lambskin boys. The pink color also has a blush tone to it. I got it recently, but I think it's from last season. Hardware is a beautiful gold hardware, and not as antique looking as previous gold hardwares. Here is a close up of the bag:

IMG_9224.JPG

Hope this helps!