The Speedy Gonzales Club!

So I've owned, used and sold many different LV bags but surprisingly I've never owned a canvas mono speedy. I did have the mini Lin, although when it began fraying I knew it was time to move on. So I found this one by chance early one morning last weekend and purchased it straight away. It should arrive tomorrow. Thought it was too good to be true however, it's essentially in brand new condition for half the price of new. It comes with all accessories; dust bag, shopping bag, receipt/envelope plus a burgandy pouf! I've had 3rd party authentication as well. I'm pretty excited to own another new to me classic! I do wonder how this 2015 version will hold up against the vintage ones? I'm nervous about quality decline. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 1,527
  • IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,580
I'm debating between a Speedy B 30 and regular Speedy 30. I really don't like the look of that size cross body but wonder if I will really regret not having the strap. I don't carry handheld bags so I don't know if it will drive me crazy not being able to put it on my shoulder when I need hands free. How do people like their regular Speedy with a strap added to it? If you don't have a strap option does it bother you?

I used to have a Speedy 30 and a 35, the regular versions without the strap. Both bags (especially the 35) seemed too large for what I carry. Now I have a regular Speedy 25 that I have added a vachetta strap to for when I need it hands free and so far, so good! I'm quite happy I added a strap to my bag because it makes it much more functional for me.
I also used to own a Speedy B 30 and really didn't care for how the bag looked when being carried with the shoulder strap but that's just my personal preference.

Hi speedy owners... I went to buy a speedy B 30 December 2015 and I end up getting a retiro NM for being more structured... I deeply regretted ... its soooo heavy... I know the speedy its light weight and the strap it's wider ... Is it comfortable to carry it? Or its going to be a retiro #2? TIA

I'm debating between a Speedy B 30 and regular Speedy 30. I really don't like the look of that size cross body but wonder if I will really regret not having the strap. I don't carry handheld bags so I don't know if it will drive me crazy not being able to put it on my shoulder when I need hands free. How do people like their regular Speedy with a strap added to it? If you don't have a strap option does it bother you?
I have a 25B and a 30 regular. I have to say I love the 30 as a hand held bag. I did tuck a strap in the bag in case I need it. I really haven't used it with the strap though. If I know I need to be hands free, I use the 25B.

I am fairly new to the world of LV, but I have a Siena PM, a Speedy 25 Bandoulier in Damier Ebene, a Speedy 25 Bandouliere in Damier Azur and a Neverfull PM in Damier Azur. The best part about the Speedy with the strap is the flexibility. You can wear that little beauty 4 ways - handheld, crossbody, shoulder (long) or shoulder/upper arm (short). I bought it as a crossbody, but I mostly wear it with the shorter strap and close to my shoulder/upper arm area because when I wear it crossbody it caves in too much. I myself wearing my Siena PM for crossbody because it has more structure than the Speedy and looks the same no matter how you wear it. When I wear my Speedy 25B up high with the short strap only, I can also easily switch to handheld without a long strap dangling down. Yet I can also carry it on my shoulder when I need a hands-free option. Hope this helps!

I decided to order a brown web strap for my 25b in de. I was watching bjtaylor YouTube videos and thought why not! The whole purpose of getting that bag was to wear it cross body. I'm hoping it's more comfortable with the web strap. It was only $28 from Mautto so if I don't like it I can always use it with my keepall. That bag gets super heavy and that vachetta strap is not the most comfortable thing. Anyone else use a web or alternative strap with their speedy b's?

I decided to order a brown web strap for my 25b in de. I was watching bjtaylor YouTube videos and thought why not! The whole purpose of getting that bag was to wear it cross body. I'm hoping it's more comfortable with the web strap. It was only $28 from Mautto so if I don't like it I can always use it with my keepall. That bag gets super heavy and that vachetta strap is not the most comfortable thing. Anyone else use a web or alternative strap with their speedy b's?
I use my favorite mm mono with a DE strap so I think it is okay to wear your bags different straps if it is more comfortable for you.
how old is your bag? I was wondering if the strap softens over time.. I still use mine with the orginal strap and have it since September 2016 but I´ve never worn it without a coat/ jacket so I will see in Somme then if the strap is too stiff or not. Overwise I still can use the strap of my siena pm which has soften but it is a much thinner strap and hasn´ been so stiff from the beginning. Maybe until summer the orginal strap of my speedy will be already much softer, at least I hope so :smile: