Small diamonds (1ct and under)

I picked up this little gem in a local pawn shop - a three stone ring with approx half a carat of diamonds (including side stones), set in platinum. I took it to my trusted jeweller for an appraisal and the stats are SI clarity and G-H colour. It is soooo sparkly and pretty and in mint condition, I absolutely love it! My jeweller was very impressed at the price I paid too, just £237!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,316
Thanks for posting pics of your diamond studs! I originally was stuck on getting a 1 carat pair, but the 1 carat pair is almost a thousand and a half dollars more than the .5 carat pair. I was worried that the .5 carat pair would be too small, but now, after seeing everyone's photos I think I will get the .5 carat pair.

Hi I was wondering if you bought them yet. :smile:

I picked up this little gem in a local pawn shop - a three stone ring with approx half a carat of diamonds (including side stones), set in platinum. I took it to my trusted jeweller for an appraisal and the stats are SI clarity and G-H colour. It is soooo sparkly and pretty and in mint condition, I absolutely love it! My jeweller was very impressed at the price I paid too, just £237!

Here is another photo of it, taken with flash. Pictures can't do justice to how sparkly this is in real life, still can't believe I snagged such a bargain!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 1,368
Beautiful and how lovely that you are able to wear your mom's original diamond!
Thank you! The funny thing is she NEVER wore it! My whole life it sat in her jewelry box & I only knew about it because my Dad would show it to me... after he passed my mom gave it to me & I am determined it's not just going to sit in a box anymore - so I had it reset & I wear it often. I love it because it reminds me of my Dad.

I love the smaller solitaires! Sometimes less is more. I'm seeing that small rings are VERY popular right now, with paper thin bands and small stones. I think they look delicate and classy.
This is my engagement ring that I was given in 2000. We didn't have much money, and this was from Kay Jewelers for maybe $200 which was a super stretch for us at the time. Hubby surprised me with it. It's 14k white gold with 5 tiny princess cut diamonds. It was supposed to be a "temporary" ring, but I loved it SO much that I wore it for about 15 years!!! I just recently got a new platinum set at an estate sale that has a 1/2 ct center round with some small diamonds in the setting, and an eternity band, both from the 1940s. The center diamond in the engagement ring is an "old mine cut" from the gold rush era. Not the best quality, but it looks really nice in the platinum. I think it's special, and if we love it, that's what's important ;)

IMG_3358.jpg
IMG_3359.JPG