What shocks people about you?

My taste in music. Everyone looks and I appear to be I guess a tiny blonde woman, dressed nicely carrying a nice handbag & well manicured nails and they automatically think that I listen to girly music, or pop music or at least like Sheryl Crow or Cher type of music...then when people flat out ask me what I listen to, I tell them strictly only rock music (breaking ben, metallica, avenged sevenfold, bush, etc.) Reason being that that was what my mother played in front of me while growing up, (well, bush, and she is always playing shinedown now), as well as my older (brother) sibling and so that is what I prefer, I even go to the modern rock concerts. Many times in my life people who find this information out have told me, "You don't look like you would listen to rock music," to then which I kind of think, "hmmm.......everybody is different, can't believe people really judge like that based upon appearances. So stereotypical." :rolleyes:

-A guy once told me he thought I was just another dumb blonde until we talked. I take that as a compliment - it's fun proving people wrong.
-I go to the gym a lot and lift pretty heavy, and whereas I look "normal" in my everyday life, I guess I'm buff for a girl when I flex. People are surprised when I show them (pictures), and especially if I tell them what I weigh. I am much heavier than I look! (Thankfully it's not the other way round??)
-My face just looks serious if I don't smile, and before people get to know me, they think I'm grumpy, unapproachable and "strict". However, I never hold grudges, and I can go from looking super annoyed to laughing in one second. I know I can seem callous, but I've heard I'm actually not too bad! Interestingly, there are also some people who have only seen my happy, extroverted side. I'm actually VERY introverted and can't be around other people for too long.
-People are surprised when I tell them I'm spiritual. I guess I seem like someone who would be atheist(??)
-I travel alone around Europe/USA and I love it. The standard reaction is "OMG I would never do that. You're so brave." Um.. Thanks. :confused1:
-I have a dark sense of humor that a lot of people are shocked and offended by.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormy C
This is a GREAT question!
I'm pretty edgy, and as subversive as they come.. so one half of people are shocked by my materialistic, shallow side, my bags and my jewellery etc, while the other side are shocked by my natural aristocracy and how well educated I actually am!

"And They Shall Call Me................................................................................................ Dichotomiss!"

When people talk to me on the phone and we meet in person they don't believe I'm not native born. I speak with a perfect American accent and they get blown away because they ask how come I don't have an accent like people from my country. I read a lot of Nancy Drew books when I was young girl and practiced a lot.

I am told repeatedly, on almost a daily basis, that I'm unapproachable and people will confess that they often talk to me to try and ease their nerves because I scare/intimidate them. I'm tall for a woman - 5 9/10' without heels - but the real kicker is my face since I have the type of resting bi*ch face that graces the dictionary and textbooks. Hooded eyelids and a mouth that naturally curves downwards into something of a scowl when I'm perfectly content/relaxed, not to mention I often cross my arms or rest my hands on my hips to alleviate the weight on my shoulder sockets. It's really sad since my personality is actually quite friendly and warm, not to mention I'm witty and intelligent - it just gets tossed aside because society often tends to judge me on my looks before anything else:crybaby: