What shocks people about you?

My age. Definitely my age. I'm pushing 30 (cringe) and most people assume I'm in my TEENS. Curse this baby face! And yes, I will appreciate it when I'm older (tired of hearing that to be honest). But for now can I just be 29?! Lol!

I'm the same way!
I was getting blood work done and the nurse was like OMG where are your parents?! And she was shocked when I'm like no, I'm closer to 30 hahah

I'm the same way!
I was getting blood work done and the nurse was like OMG where are your parents?! And she was shocked when I'm like no, I'm closer to 30 hahah
LOL!

Have had similar experiences. Had a door to door salesman come to the door, ask to speak to my parents, then ask to speak with the owner of the house. "You are."

Outside our house is the junior high school bus stop. Since we've lived here, when I head to my car the first week of school and it's a new driver, the bus driver always waits to see if I'm getting on the bus.

Oddest thing is I never get carded.

Reactions: marie132
My musical taste.
I wear mostly long-sleeved blouses and jeans. People can't see my 9 big tattoos. I have a 20-something face (I'm 30) and kinda sweet features.
I listen to most genres of music, including death metal, gothic metal, power metal, industrial, electronic, and people go "WOW!!!". Hahah

People are shocked to hear that I had my tongue pierced in college. I'm an introvert, so whenever I tell people about my piercing, they say "it's always the quiet ones" or something to that effect

People are shocked to hear that I had my tongue pierced in college. I'm an introvert, so whenever I tell people about my piercing, they say "it's always the quiet ones" or something to that effect
I think people try to justify other's behaviors this say things like that. Or just trying to be funny :/

My age... our neighbor is an old lady who asks me every year if I'm done with highschool exams and I go all like yes I'm done with highschool exams :smile: !! (done with bachelors and masters on top of that lmao)

Reactions: meowmix318