What shocks people about you?

What shocks people the most is that I swear like no other..classy I know..LOL (I can thank my parents!) and people think I'm a goody two shoes.. until I get outside of work... total 360.

My age--I'm 53 (!!) but could pass for early 40s or even late 30s with the patients who are slightly narcotics-addled. I work hard as a bedside nurse on a difficult unit and most of my co-workers are "baby nurses". I have a lot of energy at work and my 20+years of experience make me the go-to person, even if my occasional gruffness scares them, lol. . My off-duty passion is quilt-making. I guess most people have preconceived notions of quilty people and I don't have that home-maker old-timey "quilter" vibe. Working with young nurses means lots of babies and I make crib quilts for everyone. I love doing it especially when it can be quite an unexpected but much appreciated surprise. Not to brag but I make really nice crib quilts. IMG_1489027340.266865.jpg this is my latest one, the baby mama had a definite nautical theme to her nursery which I knew from FB stalking her, and I've been wanting to make this sailboat quilt for a while. I'm proud to say it's been featured in a lot of her FB photos.

What surprises me is that every single recipient has sent me a hand-written thank you note. It's good to know proper etiquette is still alive and well.

My age--I'm 53 (!!) but could pass for early 40s or even late 30s with the patients who are slightly narcotics-addled. I work hard as a bedside nurse on a difficult unit and most of my co-workers are "baby nurses". I have a lot of energy at work and my 20+years of experience make me the go-to person, even if my occasional gruffness scares them, lol. . My off-duty passion is quilt-making. I guess most people have preconceived notions of quilty people and I don't have that home-maker old-timey "quilter" vibe. Working with young nurses means lots of babies and I make crib quilts for everyone. I love doing it especially when it can be quite an unexpected but much appreciated surprise. Not to brag but I make really nice crib quilts. View attachment 3627666 this is my latest one, the baby mama had a definite nautical theme to her nursery which I knew from FB stalking her, and I've been wanting to make this sailboat quilt for a while. I'm proud to say it's been featured in a lot of her FB photos.

What surprises me is that every single recipient has sent me a hand-written thank you note. It's good to know proper etiquette is still alive and well.
Beautiful! I rarely get hand written thank you cards anymore :sad: the art of kindness and politeness is definitely a rarity.

A lot. I think it's mainly because I have rbf (resting b*tchy face), so I tend to give off the vibe that I don't want to talk to anyone- which is only sometimes true. I am also super quiet and introverted in real life, so people tend to get really surprised when I tell them about my YouTube channel on luxury designer items. Honestly though, there are so many introverted YouTubers that I don't think there's any conflict between the two!

Also, I tend to not wear any makeup for school, so I think people are quite surprised at what I look like in my videos. I like putting on makeup and dressing up for my videos because it's so much fun!

Reactions: anitsirk
that i am not high maintenance outside of my bag and clothes obsession.
dislike pro mani-pedis, waste of time and of course the cost;
i almost never use hand cream, body lotion;
never had a salon blowout;
i prefer the subway to uber/cabs;
and fiercely guard my privacy so never live-in maids (very common where i come from).
oh and i like my coffee cheap so no starbucks, prefer the taste of my local brands.

That while I'm older & quiet, I'm also tattooed, pierced & very tolerant of other's lifestyle choices. You'd never guess it just by looking at me.
Surprise!