Coach bags for guys

I showed my wife the bags I was interested in and she liked some but she thought the Nancy Satchel was a little to feminine. So we both settled on the vintage bags mostly, she's totally understanding with the fact I wanna carry a bag after our long talk together. So out of these bags, I want to buy one of these.
Ramblers Legacy
Patricia's Legacy
City Bag
Court Bag
Now if any of you ladies out there have these bags I'd like a mod shot to see how the bag looks overall and the pros and cons of the bags.

I showed my wife the bags I was interested in and she liked some but she thought the Nancy Satchel was a little to feminine. So we both settled on the vintage bags mostly, she's totally understanding with the fact I wanna carry a bag after our long talk together. So out of these bags, I want to buy one of these.
Ramblers Legacy
Patricia's Legacy
City Bag
Court Bag
Now if any of you ladies out there have these bags I'd like a mod shot to see how the bag looks overall and the pros and cons of the bags.
Sorry, I don't have any of those anymore.

I crossed the gender line and grabbed a 1941 Saddle Bag 23 in burnished saddle glovetanned leather. To me it's like a smaller, one-flap Saumur, except better because it fits everything I need for a day trip and there's no additional room for my bros to ask me to put their personal effects in.

The saddle bag 38 is still available in fog and oxblood and is considered a men's bag while retaining its classic Coach heritage and unisex appeal. I don't think you can go wrong with an umembellished saddle style bag. But as pointed out, there are other styles to choose from.

Coach makes plenty of great bags "for men" and that's mostly what I buy. But they've never made a day bag for men that's not an oversized rectanglular box, so I had no problem venturing to the "other side" for something sensible, functional, and well-designed. The SA didn't steer me away from it, and I've had a couple sideways glances but IDGAF 'cuz I have my tablet, my chargers, my glasses, my keys, my wallet, my headphones, my phone, and even a granola bar, all with my hands free.

Kudos to you for being honest with yourself, breaking free from the tethers of toxic masculinity, and going for an item that will bring you good use and joy. Just remember that people have gender, not things, and that a nice leather item won't make you any more or less "manly" than you were before. Plenty of women here shop "men's," and there are "women's" bags that look great on anyone, too!

Attachments

• 20160923_210044.jpg
    20160923_210044.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 238
Kudos to you for being honest with yourself, breaking free from the tethers of toxic masculinity, and going for an item that will bring you good use and joy. Just remember that people have gender, not things, and that a nice leather item won't make you any more or less "manly" than you were before. Plenty of women here shop "men's," and there are "women's" bags that look great on anyone, too!

That's basically what my wife said. She said there's nothing wrong with carrying a simple black bag so that's what I plan on doing. Once I get the bag I want its gonna feel good knowing I have something nice and at my fingertips. Plus on the other hand I consider it a relationship builder, since this all started I trust my wife more now and she trusts me, and we can shop together on a new level.

That's basically what my wife said. She said there's nothing wrong with carrying a simple black bag so that's what I plan on doing. Once I get the bag I want its gonna feel good knowing I have something nice and at my fingertips. Plus on the other hand I consider it a relationship builder, since this all started I trust my wife more now and she trusts me, and we can shop together on a new level.

This makes me so happy to read! I can't wait to see what bag you end up getting.

So happy for you OP! With your wife and your mom on board, you will feel so much happier and confident carrying your bags out and about with them. Can't wait to see what you'll eventually purchase.

Amateurjeweler, wow that burnished 1941 saddle bag is amazing! The leather looks wonderful.

So I got around to take a few pics of the bags my wife has sitting around, I think the the best one is the black convertible bag. Wish they were all black so I'd know for sure how they look on me. Just have to assume there all black lol! I took a pic of the madison maggie just for grins seeing how I really love this bag.

I like the 2nd one best.

I crossed the gender line and grabbed a 1941 Saddle Bag 23 in burnished saddle glovetanned leather. To me it's like a smaller, one-flap Saumur, except better because it fits everything I need for a day trip and there's no additional room for my bros to ask me to put their personal effects in.

The saddle bag 38 is still available in fog and oxblood and is considered a men's bag while retaining its classic Coach heritage and unisex appeal. I don't think you can go wrong with an umembellished saddle style bag. But as pointed out, there are other styles to choose from.

Coach makes plenty of great bags "for men" and that's mostly what I buy. But they've never made a day bag for men that's not an oversized rectanglular box, so I had no problem venturing to the "other side" for something sensible, functional, and well-designed. The SA didn't steer me away from it, and I've had a couple sideways glances but IDGAF 'cuz I have my tablet, my chargers, my glasses, my keys, my wallet, my headphones, my phone, and even a granola bar, all with my hands free.

I saw this in the store. Loving what Coach has been making recently.

Reactions: amateurjeweler
Hi! I'm also a male and have a love for handbags. My bag of choice is the Coach Rogue. Have a look at my youtube video and you'll see why. And yes -- it's a womens bag. Very versatile and unisex. I absolutely love mine.

I watched your vid-good rev. I like what you did with using a leather piece from an old belt for a shoulder strap addition. [emoji3]

Reactions: danielmrtnz
Hi! I'm also a male and have a love for handbags. My bag of choice is the Coach Rogue. Have a look at my youtube video and you'll see why. And yes -- it's a womens bag. Very versatile and unisex. I absolutely love mine.

Nice! I've been thinking about a 36 for myself, but I do wish it was a tad bigger. Fingers crossed for a Rogue 40 one day.

What pieces of Coach RTW do you have? I see that patchwork jacket in the background.