Coach bags for guys

Kinda overwhelming looking for that "right" bag lol!, I would like the wife's help but I think she might think my screws are coming loose or something so I don't really know a way to tell her without sounding odd. I like the looks of the stewardess bag but I came across the City bag and I like that better. I do have a Nancy Satchel in the closet and a dotted convertible bag, if I get a chance when I'm off work I'll model them to see what you guys think.

Check out the Mercer Satchel and the Legacy Haley for two examples of stylish satchels I think can cross over for a guy. The Haley is too big for me but I would love the Mercer for myself. And you should find a way to tell your wife. Maybe something along the lines of "I want a Coach bag but I don't like any of the men's designs. Can you help me figure out something that works for me?" I think she will understand because you have never had a bag, so it's a really fair wish to have.

Also, you should check out the other threads in the other sub-forum which are dedicated to men modeling their bags... like Dior, Hermes and LV. They don't stick to men's styles only. May give you more courage!

Reactions: paulina1234

All of those are good choices. You might want to go look at some styles of bags in person to get a good idea of the size and shape you want. I prefer the east/west style bags, but a lot of people like the north/south style. Some need or want a lot of compartments and others don't. Maybe take your wife shopping and when you are in the handbag department, mention that you need one to carry your stuff in too......

Now I gotta go take a closer look at some of those Yonkers bags. lol!

That's a good idea Suzanne, usually when we go shopping I always have to go through the purse section, nothing smells better than fine leather. Sometimes I think I have a bigger purse addiction than her which sounds funny coming from a guy.

Just to add to my original post, I know women like to coordinate there bags along with what there wearing for that day now since I'm a guy, how would that apply to me? since I'm mostly a casual guy(mostly blue jeans and t shirts and white tennis shoes) If anyone has clothing tips I'd like to hear them. Just an fyi I really don't have to many clothes overall but that part can change.

Reactions: Suzanne B.
Just to add to my original post, I know women like to coordinate there bags along with what there wearing for that day now since I'm a guy, how would that apply to me? since I'm mostly a casual guy(mostly blue jeans and t shirts and white tennis shoes) If anyone has clothing tips I'd like to hear them. Just an fyi I really don't have to many clothes overall but that part can change.

Oops! Hit the like button instead of the reply. :hrmm:

A lot of us don't bother to coordinate, we just use what we want when we want. Suede bag in the middle of summer? Sure. A white bag after Labor Day? Why not? I am also a casual dresser, I don't coordinate, that's just my nature. If you find yourself wanting to coordinate, then that's what you should do. Otherwise, wear whatever you want with the bag of your choice. ( I really think that most people don't notice if bags coordinate with the outfit anyway unless the colors are really clashing. )

I get it, I guess I'll just keep dressing how I am. I've narrowed my bag choices a little to two groups ones I want to buy and ones I wanna buy but I'm unsure about.
Ones I want:
-Michael Kors jet set messenger
-Coach saddle bag- that red stitching omg, I wear alot of reds so that's a plus
-File Bag in either coated canvas or fabric

Ones I want to buy but unsure:
-Kelsey
-Ramblers,Patricia legacy
-Stewardess bag
-dotted convertible crossbody- only because the wife has one and I don't have to buy it.

For guys, I think the biggest difference is not so much the clothes but the shoes. A nice pair of leather shoes really sets apart guys with style and those without. They can be casual like slip-on loafers or slightly dressy oxfords. Once again, check out the guys modeling threads for inspiration. Some are edgy but others have simple styles.

Reactions: amateurjeweler
So I got around to take a few pics of the bags my wife has sitting around, I think the the best one is the black convertible bag. Wish they were all black so I'd know for sure how they look on me. Just have to assume there all black lol! I took a pic of the madison maggie just for grins seeing how I really love this bag.

Attachments

• 20160919_163153.jpg
    20160919_163153.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 20160919_163235.jpg
    20160919_163235.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 20160919_162934.jpg
    20160919_162934.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 20160919_163347.jpg
    20160919_163347.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 221
Trying to make a long story short, First off I'm a straight male that's married, now I've always had a thing for handbags for as long as I can remember reguardless if they were for men or women there's just something that draws me to them. So ever sense I got my wife started with Coach bags I've always felt like having a bag of my own just because I thought it would be kinda nice, now I know there ain't a whole lot of open minded people in the world and I don't care what people think but I know there are the head turners, now keep in mind I've never carried a bag except when I hold the wifes bag which I never minded doing, so I guess question is how does a typical male enter himself into something like this and the other question is what Coach bags are ok for men to carry?
Sorry bout the long post but it's the best I can do

how about the tote bags? the skinny rex is to die for, never been much of a fan but i just must have these and pair it with one of the rex charms.
Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 7.51.53 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 7.52.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 7.52.51 AM.png

I've seen those before online and I didn't care for the emblem thing, I more so like simple bags and totes also. I love the peyton line of totes especially the pocket and zip top style. The purse my wife uses now is a peyton zip top tote in brown/tan.

Ah ok. well I'm only drawn too the emblems :P
how about this one, seems nice i like how it doesn't look too rugged?
did you sign up for their newsletter? they have a private sale going on so that might help you decide on a bag?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 8.53.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 8.53.41 AM.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 196