Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Hello dear TPFers,

I am thinking about buying a Herbag. I wonder if I can wash the canvas part of the bag if it gets dirty?Or even better toss it in a laundry machine (only wash, no drying)?

Just curious about how do you treat a Herbag. I own birkins and 1 Kelly. Every time I use them, I get very careful and scared of getting them dirty. So if a Herbag needs less attention, I would want to get one.

Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone can anyone tell me whether it is easy to buy a Herbag 31 Zip in the Paris store? I have no purchase record with them and do not own any Hermes bags. Will the boutique sell you several bags at the same time or we only have a quota to buy one bag with one passport. Thanks!

Or at least dry clean the canvas part of a Herbag?

While you can technically dismantle a Herbag Zip, it's not necessarily a design intention to do so in terms of removing the canvas + putting it in the wash. Are you most interested in a lighter coloured bag (which would get marked more easily)? Otherwise, the canvas is pretty tough - I use my Herbag as a cross-body during my 45min walks to/from work come rain or shine, mud or sweat etc! It's great if you want a casual, sturdy bag, with nice lines! :biggrin:

Hi everyone can anyone tell me whether it is easy to buy a Herbag 31 Zip in the Paris store? I have no purchase record with them and do not own any Hermes bags. Will the boutique sell you several bags at the same time or we only have a quota to buy one bag with one passport. Thanks!

Hi there - I'm sure you've got a good chance of getting a Herbag [rather than a C/K/B] in Paris - you could try ask in the Paris bags thread if anyone has seen much in-store recently? I don't think purchase history is a big factor in this respect, and the bag quota seems to be C/K/B (maybe L?) focused. If you establish a good rapport with your SA :angel:, who knows what you're able to get! Good luck!

Reactions: Victoria Lee
Yes you can clean the Herbag canvas. I bought a vintage one so it was very important for me to wash it properly before using. I have a beige and black bottom and both washed nicely. I simply dismantle it, let the canvas soak in a mix of baby detergent (with a dash of Clorox 2 for the beige) for about half and hour, then rinse in clean water and air dry in the sun outside. Today will actually be my third time washing the canvas portions and they've held up great. I've had it for about 15 months now though I don't use the beige bottom at all from Sept to April. To "wash" the leather I use Lexol PH wipes.

Reactions: PetiteAsian
Hello friends, it's been a long time! Hope you're all well... :heart:

I was wondering about the care instructions for Vache Hunter parts of my Herbag. It's crackling a bit now, I think it's too dry (I've bought the little babe two years ago! But barely worn 20 times...). What should I use to nourish it without doing stains on the toile canvas body part? :amazed:

Thanks for your advice! :amuse:

Yours,

Guillaume.

While you can technically dismantle a Herbag Zip, it's not necessarily a design intention to do so in terms of removing the canvas + putting it in the wash. Are you most interested in a lighter coloured bag (which would get marked more easily)? Otherwise, the canvas is pretty tough - I use my Herbag as a cross-body during my 45min walks to/from work come rain or shine, mud or sweat etc! It's great if you want a casual, sturdy bag, with nice lines! :biggrin:

Hi there - I'm sure you've got a good chance of getting a Herbag [rather than a C/K/B] in Paris - you could try ask in the Paris bags thread if anyone has seen much in-store recently? I don't think purchase history is a big factor in this respect, and the bag quota seems to be C/K/B (maybe L?) focused. If you establish a good rapport with your SA :angel:, who knows what you're able to get! Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing these valuable information. I own a Birkin and a Kelly. I bought both from Hermes boutique. Like most people, I become very cautious when using these 2 bags. Even though my Birkin is in black. I am very careful. My 40 CM Etoupe Kelly's strap is very short. So it's not that useful to use as a shoulder bag. Especially spending $340 to spa it is no fun.

Therefore, I want a Herbag to put my iPad and all stuff in it. Knowing I can wash or dry clean it can really allow me to use this Herbag as a work horse which means I can put it anywhere I want. Price wise, it's much cheaper than B/K. And I think it is very stylish.

Reactions: Charee
I am fairly new to Hermes - mostly get bags from Chanel or Celine. I was interested in this bag because I like the look (a casual Kelly) and the price point. Can anyone shed some insight/thoughts on this bag? I tried searching the forums and didn't find much.

For those who already own, how do you like it? What is the current price point? Is it difficult to get (wait list, etc?)

Thank you!!