Our blended BV families...BV siblings from another designer

I decided to take the advice of the tpfers on this thread and start using this bag again. This is a bad iPhone photo of me taking my brown paper bag out to run a few errands. And, no, I don't iron my linen tunics....I embrace the "washed" look, which I think enhances the 'that lady's carrying a paper bag' look. :smile:

Totally hot! If this is what it means to be a bag lady, I'm all in! That cuff, though - man, that's one sweet piece. Can you share the maker?

I love it! *runs off to website*
But I think I love your cuff the most :love:

Totally hot! If this is what it means to be a bag lady, I'm all in! That cuff, though - man, that's one sweet piece. Can you share the maker?

It's by Elsa Peretti. Her designs are at Tiffany's. I've been collecting her for years, although my collection is done now. The cuff comes in three sizes. I have all the sizes but wear this the most often. It's the medium. It is called the Bone Cuff and is shaped to fit over the outside wrist bone, so they are right or left wrist specific. That is the right one and I bought the large for the left wrist in case I ever wanted to wear two at once. The large one has a slightly different design. When the weather gets hot, they get heavy and I change out to the Aegean link bracelet. The bottle pendant is also by her. I found an old photo of the three bracelets that show the size and shapes. (The one in the dish is the small in the ruthenium finish.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.48.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.48.25 PM.png
    269 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I decided to take the advice of the tpfers on this thread and start using this bag again. This is a bad iPhone photo of me taking my brown paper bag out to run a few errands. And, no, I don't iron my linen tunics....I embrace the "washed" look, which I think enhances the 'that lady's carrying a paper bag' look. :smile:

That bag is so cool. I love your entire outfit. I'm into washed linen also. I avoid ironing whenever possible. I do take some dressier work shirts to the dry cleaner for washing and ironing. They look fantastic when I first put them on but after two hours, I wonder why I went through the effort.

Your Tiffany jewelry collection is just amazing. You should post a collection photo.

That bag is so cool. I love your entire outfit. I'm into washed linen also. I avoid ironing whenever possible. I do take some dressier work shirts to the dry cleaner for washing and ironing. They look fantastic when I first put them on but after two hours, I wonder why I went through the effort.

Your Tiffany jewelry collection is just amazing. You should post a collection photo.
I have found that with ironed linen, one trip in the car and the seat belt wrinkles me anyway. Linen to tough to keep smooth and crisp.
I was addicted to E.P. long before I started collecting BV. I keep waiting for TCO to do a coffee table book on her.

Last edited:

Love the whole outfit! Your jewelry is stunning.

I have found that with ironed linen, one trip in the car and the seat belt wrinkles me anyway. I was addicted to E.P. long before I started collecting BV. I keep waiting for TCO to do a coffee table book on her.

I'm addicted to a New Orleans jeweler, Mignon Faget. "They" say every proper NoLa lady has a Mignon Faget collection. My MIL got me started on the collection way back in 1985 when I went to NoLa for the first time to meet my soon to be in laws. I buy a piece every year on one of our visits. My favorite piece is my pearl on an oyster shell pendant. I also have silver bangles that mix well with my BV knot bracelets. I will eventually post some pix on the jewelry thread.

diane278, that "paper" bag is fantastic!!

I listed my Hermes bags in the cheat thread, but they deserve mention here, too. I actually have had a longer relationship with H than BV, if accessories are included, so I don't think it's just a fling.

The other bag siblings that deserve mention:

- a little shoulder pochette from Gucci from 2001 (15 years, and I still use it! It's perfect for times when I want to use something tiny but don't want to use a hand-held clutch)

-Longchamp nylon totes (using these in various styles, sizes, and colors for more than 10 years--I've repaired some and replaced others along the way--I use them for commuting when the weather is too inclement for my Cabats)

diane278, that "paper" bag is fantastic!!

I listed my Hermes bags in the cheat thread, but they deserve mention here, too. I actually have had a longer relationship with H than BV, if accessories are included, so I don't think it's just a fling.

The other bag siblings that deserve mention:

- a little shoulder pochette from Gucci from 2001 (15 years, and I still use it! It's perfect for times when I want to use something tiny but don't want to use a hand-held clutch)

-Longchamp nylon totes (using these in various styles, sizes, and colors for more than 10 years--I've repaired some and replaced others along the way--I use them for commuting when the weather is too inclement for my Cabats)
I keep thinking that I need to add a Longchamp for weekend travel but never seem to get it done. One of these days, I'll actually do it!

I keep thinking that I need to add a Longchamp for weekend travel but never seem to get it done. One of these days, I'll actually do it!

You may want to explore Herve Chapelier. They have a range of sizes and styles and an ever changing,fun color palette. The down side is they are hard to find in the US. You would need to order on-line.

I have several in different sizes that I use for biz travel and for my work out bag.

They're great for travel! I've used them for planes, trains, automobiles, and motorboats! If you're going to get a seasonal color, you could always plan it for their sale periods. Lately, I've stuck with the large shoulder tote so that I can use it as an all-purpose bag (I use a Purse-to-Go organizer in it when I carry it as a regular purse), but Longchamp has travel-specific styles, too.

Diane, when you're ready to spring for a Longchamps, the store in San Francisco is THE place to shop. They have the best selection by far in the area and they are right across the street from H which is right around the corner from BV.

You may want to explore Herve Chapelier. They have a range of sizes and styles and an ever changing,fun color palette. The down side is they are hard to find in the US. You would need to order on-line.

I have several in different sizes that I use for biz travel and for my work out bag.

They're great for travel! I've used them for planes, trains, automobiles, and motorboats! If you're going to get a seasonal color, you could always plan it for their sale periods. Lately, I've stuck with the large shoulder tote so that I can use it as an all-purpose bag (I use a Purse-to-Go organizer in it when I carry it as a regular purse), but Longchamp has travel-specific styles, too.

Diane, when you're ready to spring for a Longchamps, the store in San Francisco is THE place to shop. They have the best selection by far in the area and they are right across the street from H which is right around the corner from BV.

Thanks for all the good info. I will most likely continue to procrastinate awhile longer and then, as is my usual behavior, go online and impulsively order. Or, procrastinate until I am in a store somewhere, see the bags, and suddenly decide I need to buy immediately. Yup...that's me.