Our blended BV families...BV siblings from another designer

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. LLANeedle gave me the idea for this thread in her post on the confession thread. I am devoted to BV but still have a couple of bags I won't let go of. I feel like it's more of a "blended family" thing. My BV's love their siblings from another designer. I guess we're a modern family of sorts.

I love this leather clutch that looks just like a rolled up brown paper shopping bag. I rarely use it but when I do, I love how people mistake it for a simple shopping bag....then take a second look and realize it's leather. It's bigger than the lunch size bag, but easy to carry and holds quite a bit.

Attached Files:

2. Ha ha, what a great bag! 🙃

I would totally wear that at a formal function and get a kick out of people's reactions.

3. What a great bag. You should carry it

4. Great bag, but how is this different from the Confession Time thread? We share our other non-BV bags there, too - ? Or no? I'm confused.

ETA: I will get that picture eventually - :smile: - I just love that painting!

5. #5 May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Just point of view. The content may overlap but I see these bags as adding to a BV collection in a positive light, no apologies needed.

The painting is staying....no confusion there! :smile:

6. Ha ha ha , I scrolled by and thought you were playing a joke as far as how light weight a paper bag is. What an amazing idea:lol:
    I can't believe it's real leather!

7. :angel:

8. #8 May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    It comes in several sizes: the snack; the picnic: the lunch; the dinner; and the feast. It also comes in several colors and in cork. They're made by Marie Turnor. This is the snack in a silver foil-like leather. It's a flat style. They are really featherweights. (This isn't mine....it's from the website.)

Attached Files:

9. When I first got it, I carried it a lot. I'd go over to a friend's house and set it down on the counter. They'd look at it and ask why I was carrying a paper bag. Everyone was fooled at first. I still think it's a fun idea and you're right....I need to start using it again.

10. I'm not sure if I understand the thread. So! my interpretation is that we have bag sistahs from anotha mutha, is that kind of close? Or BV doppelgängers?
    Here are two members of my blended family.
    They are "clutch cousins". I have a fabulous and well made Coach clutch, with gorgeous leather, from around 2006-ish that I could never part with. In the second photo, (and to keep it relevant to Bottega) it's cousin, a BV Tejus Settantadue clutch in Biscotti from around the same era.

Attached Files:

11. I can't attach two photos in one post anymore :pout:

Attached Files:

12. Yes! I was an English major in college. Apparently, I need remedial work in explanatory writing & comprehension!

13. This is the best I can do.

Attached Files:

14. Oh my......I love that "paper bag". What a conversation starter. I get this thread. It allows us to share bags we have and love as much as BV. To me the cheat thread is for bags we are currently acquiring that are non BV. Lol. Diane and I probably think alike since we're both on the other side of that famous hill.....age wise.

15. Lol. At first glance I thought it was a reveal. I was wondering what the "dust bag" had in it.