Our blended BV families...BV siblings from another designer

It's by Elsa Peretti. Her designs are at Tiffany's. I've been collecting her for years, although my collection is done now. The cuff comes in three sizes. I have all the sizes but wear this the most often. It's the medium. It is called the Bone Cuff and is shaped to fit over the outside wrist bone, so they are right or left wrist specific. That is the right one and I bought the large for the left wrist in case I ever wanted to wear two at once. The large one has a slightly different design. When the weather gets hot, they get heavy and I change out to the Aegean link bracelet. The bottle pendant is also by her. I found an old photo of the three bracelets that show the size and shapes. (The one in the dish is the small in the ruthenium finish.)

Thanks for the information, D! I love EP, and have the DBTY necklace in WG. She does wonderful work

diane278, that "paper" bag is fantastic!!

I listed my Hermes bags in the cheat thread, but they deserve mention here, too. I actually have had a longer relationship with H than BV, if accessories are included, so I don't think it's just a fling.

The other bag siblings that deserve mention:

- a little shoulder pochette from Gucci from 2001 (15 years, and I still use it! It's perfect for times when I want to use something tiny but don't want to use a hand-held clutch)

-Longchamp nylon totes (using these in various styles, sizes, and colors for more than 10 years--I've repaired some and replaced others along the way--I use them for commuting when the weather is too inclement for my Cabats)

blueiris, would you mind posting a photo of that little Gucci pochette? Thank you so much!

Bags we love/use/won't give up...in addition to our much loved BV bags. But bags that we don't consider "cheating" on BV.
I've always misunderstood the 'cheating' thread, then - because I thought it was just an excuse to post bags we carry that aren't BV. Which is what this thread ultimately is, IMO.

To me the cheat thread is for bags we are currently buying that are not BV. This thread is for bags we've had that we love as much as BV.......bags with a history.
That's exactly what I had intended. I guess I just didn't explain it clearly. Thanks for clarifying it better than I did. :tup:

blueiris, would you mind posting a photo of that little Gucci pochette? Thank you so much!

Per your request, here is a quick photo (no attempt at art, here!). It's just a touch wider than my BV Stretch Knots. I think it still looks decent after 15 years. When I bought it, I had no expectation that it would last this long, so I'm really pleased about it.

Attachments

• P5270433.JPG
    P5270433.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 188
Per your request, here is a quick photo (no attempt at art, here!). It's just a touch wider than my BV Stretch Knots. I think it still looks decent after 15 years. When I bought it, I had no expectation that it would last this long, so I'm really pleased about it.
It doesn't look 15 years old to me....I think it's in great shape....

It doesn't look 15 years old to me....I think it's in great shape....

Thanks! It could be that it doesn't rub as much against clothing or bang into things as much as other bags do, because it is so small and sits so high up when worn. There was a time when I used it almost everyday as a pochette inside a larger bag, but I only use it for nights out now, when I don't use my nero Stretch Knot.

I find myself alternating between BV and Longchamp, usually using both simultaneously. I have various styles of the infamous nylon and they just fit into any occasion. Great for rainy weather and definitely travel. Their leather range had me hooked too. Soft light leather and yet strong enough to withstand year round humid + rainy weather in my country. I like that the brand name is often obscure and each season brings artist collaborations, fun prints and lots of colors. SLGs are practically designed and wear really well. There is also a lot of history in the brand and to this day, it remains a family owned business.

I find myself alternating between BV and Longchamp, usually using both simultaneously. I have various styles of the infamous nylon and they just fit into any occasion. Great for rainy weather and definitely travel. Their leather range had me hooked too. Soft light leather and yet strong enough to withstand year round humid + rainy weather in my country. I like that the brand name is often obscure and each season brings artist collaborations, fun prints and lots of colors. SLGs are practically designed and wear really well. There is also a lot of history in the brand and to this day, it remains a family owned business.
Lots of info I wasn't aware of.....thx. I know my younger dd loves her totes.

Lots of info I wasn't aware of.....thx. I know my younger dd loves her totes.
My pleasure. Commonly, it is either a love or loathe relationship with the brand, perhaps due to almost every lady owning one. I did not understand the hype at first but after getting one, I was addicted to its versatility. I know of ladies keeping one in the car since it can be folded, and then use it to bag their leather bags during harsh weather conditions. One friend use them as grocery bags since the leather handles are sturdy. Lots of ladies are avid collectors of the LEs too.

Perhaps the brief interview might be interesting for your DD. :smile:

http://www.leadersmag.com/issues/2013.4_Oct/Lifestyle/LEADERS-Jean-Cassegrain-Longchamp.html

My pleasure. Commonly, it is either a love or loathe relationship with the brand, perhaps due to almost every lady owning one. I did not understand the hype at first but after getting one, I was addicted to its versatility. I know of ladies keeping one in the car since it can be folded, and then use it to bag their leather bags during harsh weather conditions. One friend use them as grocery bags since the leather handles are sturdy. Lots of ladies are avid collectors of the LEs too.

Perhaps the brief interview might be interesting for your DD. :smile:

http://www.leadersmag.com/issues/2013.4_Oct/Lifestyle/LEADERS-Jean-Cassegrain-Longchamp.html
I've thought they would be great for weekend travel for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger since there's nowhere nearby where I can see a number of sizes and colors. There's a travel store at Stanford Center that carries them but I really want to see a wide range of sizes before I decide. I think I need to make more effort in my search.

I've thought they would be great for weekend travel for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger since there's nowhere nearby where I can see a number of sizes and colors. There's a travel store at Stanford Center that carries them but I really want to see a wide range of sizes before I decide. I think I need to make more effort in my search.

D: If you make a trip up to SF, there is a Longchamp store on Grant, just around the corner from the BV boutique. Longchamp stores are well stocked with Le Pliage eye candy.