Our blended BV families...BV siblings from another designer

Oh my......I love that "paper bag". What a conversation starter. I get this thread. It allows us to share bags we have and love as much as BV. To me the cheat thread is for bags we are currently acquiring that are non BV. Lol. Diane and I probably think alike since we're both on the other side of that famous hill.....age wise.
You got it! This is my other bag I cannot let go of. It's a messenger bag that weighs about 600 lbs so it's a bit too heavy to carry. The leather still smells wonderful. The medallion is a photo of me and my horse when I was about 12....a mere 54 years ago. The engraving is "Every Girl Needs a Horse".
I think this is close to qualifying as a historical artifact.

(I think I may have posted this somewhere years ago. I can't remember....)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.56.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.56.29 AM.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.56.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.56.44 AM.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 210
Holy Mother Of BV! You stuffed the Tejus into the Coach! Can we get a full frontal on that beauty? :heart: :heart:
I actually did have it stuffed into the Coach when I took the first photo. It fit, but it was tight!
Meh, it's not that exciting. I'll try to take an "in action" shot this week when I head out to dinner.

So here are my "sistahs from anotha designah" Tote workhorses. (not all of them, but here are three :graucho:) Going to keep the bag-in-a-bag thing going...
Tod's Pashmy Grande Bauletto inside a Coach Bordeaux Suede Soho Tote, inside a Bottega Dust Petille Calf Shopper. The Pashmys (I have 6) are the true workhorses of my entire collection and I usually travel with Tods exclusively. Although I did take the Dust Shopper to Las Vegas with me last week.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 7.06.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 7.06.27 PM.png
    733.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 7.20.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 7.20.20 PM.png
    697.5 KB · Views: 212
It comes in several sizes: the snack; the picnic: the lunch; the dinner; and the feast. It also comes in several colors and in cork. They're made by Marie Turnor. This is the snack in a silver foil-like leather. It's a flat style. They are really featherweights. (This isn't mine....it's from the website.)

Ooh, I love this one! What a great artist...so clever and fun :lol:

You got it! This is my other bag I cannot let go of. It's a messenger bag that weighs about 600 lbs so it's a bit too heavy to carry. The leather still smells wonderful. The medallion is a photo of me and my horse when I was about 12....a mere 54 years ago. The engraving is "Every Girl Needs a Horse".
I think this is close to qualifying as a historical artifact.

(I think I may have posted this somewhere years ago. I can't remember....)

This may be my favourite bag belonging to another (surely another thread topic that needs discussing :graucho:). This is the kind of bag you have to keep forever, surely the goal of bag buyers everywhere

This may be my favourite bag belonging to another (surely another thread topic that needs discussing :graucho:). This is the kind of bag you have to keep forever, surely the goal of bag buyers everywhere

Diane, you could never part with that bag.......it would be like giving away a piece of yourself. I hope you have someone special in mind to "will" it to.

I had my messenger bag made long after I quit riding but it takes me back to those wonderful years when I was young and competing. I would never let it go randomly, and without children of my own, it's a challenge to find things like these the proper home. I have decided that it must go to someone who rides. It appears that, so far, I am the only member of my family who has that gene. A younger friend has a daughter going to UC Davis who is learning dressage. She is a definite possibility for future possession. Right now, it's a reminder of some really wonderful years. I do plan to let it go at some point so that I can determine to whom it goes and make sure that it doesn't end up in an estate sale.....

LLANeedle gave me the idea for this thread in her post on the confession thread. I am devoted to BV but still have a couple of bags I won't let go of. I feel like it's more of a "blended family" thing. My BV's love their siblings from another designer. I guess we're a modern family of sorts.

I love this leather clutch that looks just like a rolled up brown paper shopping bag. I rarely use it but when I do, I love how people mistake it for a simple shopping bag....then take a second look and realize it's leather. It's bigger than the lunch size bag, but easy to carry and holds quite a bit.
I love your bag! What is the official color name on it?

I love your bag! What is the official color name on it?
It's just called Tan. I copied this from the website:

Based on a brown paper bag, the LUNCH is sized in-between the PICNIC and the DINNER.
Unlined, with an interior pocket, and invisible magnetic closure.
Made of smooth kraft colored tan leather.
Approximately 11 X 8 X 3 inches
Made in California

Last edited:
I decided to take the advice of the tpfers on this thread and start using this bag again. This is a bad iPhone photo of me taking my brown paper bag out to run a few errands. And, no, I don't iron my linen tunics....I embrace the "washed" look, which I think enhances the 'that lady's carrying a paper bag' look. :smile:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 11.47.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 11.47.24 AM.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 157
I decided to take the advice of the tpfers on this thread and start using this bag again. This is a bad iPhone photo of me taking my brown paper bag out to run a few errands. And, no, I don't iron my linen tunics....I embrace the "washed" look, which I think enhances the 'that lady's carrying a paper bag' look. :smile:
Love it:P
You're so funny ! I love your attitude :smile:)

I love it! *runs off to website*
But I think I love your cuff the most :love:

It's just called Tan. I copied this from the website:

Based on a brown paper bag, the LUNCH is sized in-between the PICNIC and the DINNER.
Unlined, with an interior pocket, and invisible magnetic closure.
Made of smooth kraft colored tan leather.
Approximately 11 X 8 X 3 inches
Made in California
Thank you!