Sauge vs Etoupe? Color comparison?

StyleEyes

Sep 21, 2013
Hi ladies and gents, I was hoping someone could help me out. Does anyone have both Sauge and Etoupe, who wouldn't mind taking a pic of them together? I'm trying to get a better sense of this new color! I know different leathers will show different, but the pics I've seen so far are very different from each other. [emoji38]

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place; mods please feel free to move it! [emoji15]

Hi! I have Etoupe in Clemence and looked at sauge in Clemence. I felt they were very similar from a " neutrals" perspective. It certainly reads green/sauge. That being said, I probably wouldn't buy sauge since I have etoupe and malachite. Sauge is beautiful!

I don't have anything in Sauge but I saw it recently and I have to say that in a certain light my Etain B in Clemence looked like Sauge. Even my SA noticed the similarity. Not sure how helpful that is but I thought I'd mention it. :biggrin:

Thanks you guys![emoji4]

I know it's definitely a green tone, but I guess what I'm trying to determine is if Sauge is as light/dark as Etoupe. Or is it as light as Gris T or Arigile (but still green toned of course)

As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words, but 1. H colors are notoriously hard to capture and 2. It's a new color, so there aren't a lot of people who have it yet [emoji5]️ That's why I was hoping someone had both so I could compare them in the same lighting conditions!

It has been quite some time since I saw the swatches, but I think Sauge is not nearly as dark as etoupe. It is probable closer to Gris T in terms of depth. I hope I remember that correctly. Hopefully others will weigh in too! It was a lovely color... a lovely neutral with a light green undertone.

Thanks you guys![emoji4]

I know it's definitely a green tone, but I guess what I'm trying to determine is if Sauge is as light/dark as Etoupe. Or is it as light as Gris T or Arigile (but still green toned of course)

As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words, but 1. H colors are notoriously hard to capture and 2. It's a new color, so there aren't a lot of people who have it yet [emoji5]️ That's why I was hoping someone had both so I could compare them in the same lighting conditions!
For sure lighter than etoupe
Not close to argile
Argile has bit pink undertone
sauge hmm
Very diluted green tea color I would say
saw lots of sauge displayed in japan

For sure lighter than etoupe
Not close to argile
Argile has bit pink undertone
sauge hmm
Very diluted green tea color I would say
saw lots of sauge displayed in japan

Brewed matcha is exactly what sauge reminds me of, so +1 to the diluted green tea.

It is a gorgeous color. I'd buy if I didn't already have etoupe. But, while it is different, it is too close for me to justify both, I think.

It has been quite some time since I saw the swatches, but I think Sauge is not nearly as dark as etoupe. It is probable closer to Gris T in terms of depth. I hope I remember that correctly. Hopefully others will weigh in too! It was a lovely color... a lovely neutral with a light green undertone.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm hoping to see in a picture! For instance, if Sauge was on a paint swatch card, would it line up with Etoupe or Gris T in terms of "value" or saturation.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464158643.389657.jpg

I don't have anything in Sauge but I saw it recently and I have to say that in a certain light my Etain B in Clemence looked like Sauge. Even my SA noticed the similarity. Not sure how helpful that is but I thought I'd mention it. :biggrin:

That's interesting! From what I've seen, they shouldn't be so similar! The beauty of H colors are there chameleon qualities!