Do you carry your LV in the winter?

Wow these stories sound aweful! I m glad I don't have to deal with this extreme weather!!! ��
Well lucky you! Last year it dropped to -50C/-58F with the windchill for a couple of days up here. At that point pretty much everything shuts down, schools close, vehicles struggle to start up and run, water and sewer pipes can freeze, and exposure can kill in under an hour. :true:

Well lucky you! Last year it dropped to -50C/-58F with the windchill for a couple of days up here. At that point pretty much everything shuts down, schools close, vehicles struggle to start up and run, water and sewer pipes can freeze, and exposure can kill in under an hour. :true:

😱
Courage Miss Kryss! Winter will be over in three months!
Meanwhile, stay warm!

Yes I use my LV bags all year. Even when it is dead cold like -10. I actually carry my Speedy and Neverfull now and it's between 0 and -10 degrees celsius here in Sweden now. The canvas does become quite stiff but not a huge problem so far. I also used my bag in -25 degrees celsius (-15 degrees fahrenheit) and it was just on the edge for what it can take I think.

However, if it is -30 degrees celsius (-25 degrees fahrenheit) I would use another bag.

I do and right now we are in the single digits in the morning. With highs of 19 during the day. I've never had an issue carrying my canvas bags from Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. I bought them to use. Yes the joy of where I live we definitely have all the seasons.

No cold is too cold for my LV Canvas bags even in the coldest Alpine winters. To wit, all the ladies here carrying very vintage LVs in all seasons (but then, I hear canvas in the 70s and 80s was thicker and tougher than it is made now...)

I hope we don't get that again this year! I am already so over winter, and it hasn't even really started here. I just looked at the forecast and it will be above freezing by Thursday. I just about had a heart attack when Speedy "froze" for the first time. I wasn't expecting that at all! Funny that I bought my DE Speedy to use in the winter, but I haven't used her since it got cold! I guess my first brand new LV is too precious to me. I'm still using my 10th wedding anniversary preloved Speedy, but will probably change out to a fabric Coach or nylon Dooney once it gets really cold again.

Does anybody carry their LV year round, including in the bone chilling cold of winter? I've noticed that my Monogram Speedy canvas goes really stiff when it is out in our current -15 weather for longer than a couple of minutes. I don't want to damage it going from the extreme cold to nice warmth. Can the canvas crack in the cold? I always make sure to gently put it down and let it "thaw" slowly back to room temperature before handling it too much after it has been outside in the cold. I am probably being overly cautious, but I love my Speedy and don't want to do anything that may risk it.

I use my canvas bags all year round and I am in Wisconsin. I never leave it in the car in really cold weather though because I know someone that did and her bag froze and cracked.

Im from New York and it can get cold especially last year seemed like it was really cold, I think there was a cold stream from Canada or something but anyways I have never really thought of cold weather being an issue.

Reactions: snibor
I carry mine year round, even in very cold conditions. I don't like to carry my "special" Speedy (Mon Mono) when it's below 20 F, since I'm not a fan of how stiff the canvas gets. I'm sure it could crack. In Montana it can be -20 F a few days out of the year, and life goes on as normal.
That is cold! My son will be visiting Montana for the first time the first week of January. He's going to Big Sky. I guess he'll need lots of Warm clothes!