Do you carry your LV in the winter?

I have seen videos where the DE delightful creaks. I would go for DE Neverfull if you like totes. Or a DE speedy since it seems you currently own a mono speedy.

There is also Totally DE, which is a tote with a zipper. But the Totally is not as structured as a Neverfull.

Metis hobo- my favorite all weather bag! I used kiwi protector on the little tab above the lock and have never had a problem! I take off the vachetta strap and put it in the little dust bag from my SA and I'm good to go!!

I have both in DE and you really can't go wrong with either the Delightful or the NF in this case. They're both larger bags that are open top and only have one zippered pocket on the side; the Delightful MM is very comfortable, even with the treated leather strap and a heavy load, and keeps my things dry and secure as the bag's top folds over when it slouches like a fortune cookie on the shoulder or is set down. The NF GM is one of my largest bags, but it also comes with the added pochette for additional storage, and the sides can be cinched in during wet weather, however those thin little straps often bite into me when the bag is heavy. The NF is also quite deep so it would be very difficult for someone to reach into without you noticing when it's on your shoulder...however, be careful when you set it down as the sides don't really fold down like the Delightful and it's easier for unwelcome hands and prying eyes to get in.

Does anybody carry their LV year round, including in the bone chilling cold of winter? I've noticed that my Monogram Speedy canvas goes really stiff when it is out in our current -15 weather for longer than a couple of minutes. I don't want to damage it going from the extreme cold to nice warmth. Can the canvas crack in the cold? I always make sure to gently put it down and let it "thaw" slowly back to room temperature before handling it too much after it has been outside in the cold. I am probably being overly cautious, but I love my Speedy and don't want to do anything that may risk it.

I have never lived anywhere that cold.... But I would think that canvas can crack if it does become so stiff as you describe. In that weather maybe use cloth bags (like those denim ones?) Would leather be better? I am really no help here.... Tropical person.

Reactions: LV2
I carry mine year round, even in very cold conditions. I don't like to carry my "special" Speedy (Mon Mono) when it's below 20 F, since I'm not a fan of how stiff the canvas gets. I'm sure it could crack. In Montana it can be -20 F a few days out of the year, and life goes on as normal.

Does anybody carry their LV year round, including in the bone chilling cold of winter? I've noticed that my Monogram Speedy canvas goes really stiff when it is out in our current -15 weather for longer than a couple of minutes. I don't want to damage it going from the extreme cold to nice warmth. Can the canvas crack in the cold? I always make sure to gently put it down and let it "thaw" slowly back to room temperature before handling it too much after it has been outside in the cold. I am probably being overly cautious, but I love my Speedy and don't want to do anything that may risk it.
I carry mine in the winter and have never had any problems, but there is a point (usually -25C/-13F) when I just switch to a cloth canvas bag. Nothing is really designed to survive those temperatures for very long and the coated canvas of LV, even MK, will eventually harden, freeze, and then crack. Leather can also become quite stiff and crack when exposed for longer periods of time, so I usually leave those ones at home too.