REAL Native American Jewelry~

Love your look! That coral bracelet is spectacular!! I've been wanting a coral bracelet but haven't found one that speaks to me yet.
IKR

This coral cuff was huge meant for a man's wrist. The dealer (who's connected with artisans) had the bracelet pared back so I could wear it. So keep that in mind during your search and good luck!!

IKR

This coral cuff was huge meant for a man's wrist. The dealer (who's connected with artisans) had the bracelet pared back so I could wear it. So keep that in mind during your search and good luck!!

I love the size of yours, Susie!! I've been looking at a double row coral NA bracelet at a local store. They sell new NA jewelry they buy from contacts they have on the reservations & with NA silversmiths. They don't carry a lot of dead pawn because of the laws about having the paper trail & documentation when selling NA jewelry but they do have a few really nice pieces. I really want something larger than the 2 row. They also have a Zuni coral needlepoint bracelet that is wider but it's made for a smaller wrist. I'm drawn to it but it's way too small. They have a super large turquoise bracelet that is probably the most beautiful bracelet I've ever seen. It's definitely museum quality & it's not for sale for any price. :sad: I told them if they ever decided to sell it, I wanted the opportunity to buy it.

I'll just keep looking for the coral bracelet that speaks to me. I know it's out there somewhere. Probably with the oversized turquoise ring I want for my index finger. LOL

I love the size of yours, Susie!! I've been looking at a double row coral NA bracelet at a local store. They sell new NA jewelry they buy from contacts they have on the reservations & with NA silversmiths. They don't carry a lot of dead pawn because of the laws about having the paper trail & documentation when selling NA jewelry but they do have a few really nice pieces. I really want something larger than the 2 row. They also have a Zuni coral needlepoint bracelet that is wider but it's made for a smaller wrist. I'm drawn to it but it's way too small. They have a super large turquoise bracelet that is probably the most beautiful bracelet I've ever seen. It's definitely museum quality & it's not for sale for any price. :sad: I told them if they ever decided to sell it, I wanted the opportunity to buy it.

I'll just keep looking for the coral bracelet that speaks to me. I know it's out there somewhere. Probably with the oversized turquoise ring I want for my index finger. LOL
You and I speak the same language~

Gals,
A couple of fun things. First the John Begay necklace, another White Hogan artist. His stamp has both a hogan and his initials. It has quite tiny handmade silver beads, giving it a delicacy you don't often see.

Then my craaaazy bow and arrow earrings from a favorite of mine, Cody Sanderson (Navajo). They are gigantic--see the quarter scale. As you can see, the arrow was made as a separate part and then inset into the bow. I love these so much.:P

Attachments

• Begay necklace.jpg
    Begay necklace.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 290
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Sanderson arrows.JPG
    Sanderson arrows.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 286
  • coin scale earring.jpg
    coin scale earring.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Gals,
A couple of fun things. First the John Begay necklace, another White Hogan artist. His stamp has both a hogan and his initials. It has quite tiny handmade silver beads, giving it a delicacy you don't often see.

Then my craaaazy bow and arrow earrings from a favorite of mine, Cody Sanderson (Navajo). They are gigantic--see the quarter scale. As you can see, the arrow was made as a separate part and then inset into the bow. I love these so much.:P

Those are absolutely marvelous pieces, Jellyv!! The Begay necklace is amazing! The silver work is beautifully done!

Thanks, CD.:smile: It's fun to see everyone's things and to share with such knowledgeable and enthusiastic collectors.

I really enjoy some of the super contemporary makers, along with the more recognizably traditional. Two of my very favorite smiths these days are Cody Sanderson and Jennifer Curtis. I have a killer Jennifer cuff that I'll share sometime...very powerful. Wonderwoman territory.:biggrin:

Thanks, CD.:smile: It's fun to see everyone's things and to share with such knowledgeable and enthusiastic collectors.

I really enjoy some of the super contemporary makers, along with the more recognizably traditional. Two of my very favorite smiths these days are Cody Sanderson and Jennifer Curtis. I have a killer Jennifer cuff that I'll share sometime...very powerful. Wonderwoman territory.:biggrin:

Can't wait to see the pics!! I love Wonderwoman territory!!:biggrin:

Oh my YES please share!!! Wonder Woman wear? I can relate!!

Gals,

These earrings are insane!! I would love to see a modeling shot to get the total perspective, wow.