Gutted!!! - Bag damaged

Oops so excited for you and to hear that's it's all resolved! And... You got a refund too?? I think they majorly stuffed this all up for you but it's worked out well in your favour.

Thanks ladies, yup we finally got sorted :biggrin:
However I'm still mystified over the refund issue :thinking:
All that was in the box was the original delivery note, with my hand written note on the bottom, saying the bag wad damaged and it was being returned for a replacement.

At no time did I ask for a refund, so I'm tending to think it's been a cockup rather than an intentional gesture. Who knows lol
Watch this space :P

Wow that is not acceptable I can understand how upset you are. I would stay firm and fight your corner on this one cause that's not a acceptable standard at all. Hope it all works out for you

Just last week I was reading through this and feeling really angry on your behalf. I'm so glad things worked out for you. I know exactly how frustrating it is, I placed an order with Selfridges on 27th November and am still waiting for it. Made five phone calls, each time being told it'll definitely be with you today, I've just found out it's only just left the building! To add insult to injury, this evening they've given me an incorrect tracking number and I've been told if I want a refund I have to refuse the package when it finally turns up and it will then take at least fourteen days for them to refund me. Never again. I will never shop in Selfridges again. Sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to vent. Again, so glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your bag!

Just last week I was reading through this and feeling really angry on your behalf. I'm so glad things worked out for you. I know exactly how frustrating it is, I placed an order with Selfridges on 27th November and am still waiting for it. Made five phone calls, each time being told it'll definitely be with you today, I've just found out it's only just left the building! To add insult to injury, this evening they've given me an incorrect tracking number and I've been told if I want a refund I have to refuse the package when it finally turns up and it will then take at least fourteen days for them to refund me. Never again. I will never shop in Selfridges again. Sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to vent. Again, so glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your bag!

oh dear, I rather hoped I was an isolated case, it appears that's not the case :nogood:

Re the refund why 14 days???? I paid on the Wednesday, kicked off on the Friday (bag delivered damaged) and the cash was refunded back into my bank account by the Tuesday.
Under the distance selling regulations you have 14 days to cancel your order anyway so that 14 days starts when you receive your goods. However if you ordered on 27th November and you still don't have your order, email them and tell them you wish to cancel your order. This is within your rights and demand a refund. If all else fails kick off on FB and twitter, it seemed to do the trick this time ;)

Also depending on how you paid you will have some protection through your bank, a debit card payment has a charge back facility so basically the bank reverse the transaction.
Good luck and keep us posted
x

oh dear, I rather hoped I was an isolated case, it appears that's not the case :nogood:

Re the refund why 14 days???? I paid on the Wednesday, kicked off on the Friday (bag delivered damaged) and the cash was refunded back into my bank account by the Tuesday.

Under the distance selling regulations you have 14 days to cancel your order anyway so that 14 days starts when you receive your goods. However if you ordered on 27th November and you still don't have your order, email them and tell them you wish to cancel your order. This is within your rights and demand a refund. If all else fails kick off on FB and twitter, it seemed to do the trick this time ;)

Also depending on how you paid you will have some protection through your bank, a debit card payment has a charge back facility so basically the bank reverse the transaction.

Good luck and keep us posted

x

Thank you - it's so frustrating. I paid via PayPal, which is why they are saying the refund will take 14 days. They are also refusing to refund me until I receive and reject the parcel and they have the package back at their DC. Honestly even if does arrive today (I am not holding my breath...), I no longer want to spend my money in Selfridges - it's just left such a bad taste in the mouth. I will email customer services this morning to express my disappointment. Harrods gets my money from now on, I won't even buy a coffee in Selfridges.

Thank you - it's so frustrating. I paid via PayPal, which is why they are saying the refund will take 14 days. They are also refusing to refund me until I receive and reject the parcel and they have the package back at their DC. Honestly even if does arrive today (I am not holding my breath...), I no longer want to spend my money in Selfridges - it's just left such a bad taste in the mouth. I will email customer services this morning to express my disappointment. Harrods gets my money from now on, I won't even buy a coffee in Selfridges.

They are talking crap!!! You have the right to cancel your order before you receive it, distance selling regulations

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

I hope this gets resolved before Christmas

Ooh I did not know that! Would that apply even if the package is on it's way to me (which I doubt)?

I don't see why not, as a distance seller you do have protection and rights.
Email them and inform them you wish to cancel your order, end of :smile:
Hopefully you'll get your cash back in time for the Mulberry sale lol :biggrin:

I don't see why not, as a distance seller you do have protection and rights.
Email them and inform them you wish to cancel your order, end of :smile:
Hopefully you'll get your cash back in time for the Mulberry sale lol :biggrin:

I just sent them an email, cc'ing the person I thought was the CS manager, however that bounced back to me. Hoping I will get an answer today - I am so proud of the email I sent :biggrin: now waiting for my refund. Surprise, surprise no parcel yet and no email telling me the order has left the building...
Thank you for letting me hijack your thread!

I just sent them an email, cc'ing the person I thought was the CS manager, however that bounced back to me. Hoping I will get an answer today - I am so proud of the email I sent :biggrin: now waiting for my refund. Surprise, surprise no parcel yet and no email telling me the order has left the building...
Thank you for letting me hijack your thread!

hijack away lol
about time Selfridges had their butt kicked :P

keep us updated :lol: