My listings removed for saying "like new"!!!

OH! I see! So if someone types in Coach New, my listing would pop up? But if I am going to purchase a bag on ebay, I would type COACH LEGACY BLACK (for example) and I would not add the word NEW, because not everyone lists that in the title. THat way, I would be missing out on other bags.
I just type the brand, color, and then filter out the new ones form the list.
Oh well, you learn the HARD way. What makes me really angry is WHY PULL IT 40 min before its closing??? Now I have to wait another 7 days!

So awful that they did that so close to end of auction. Tey removed a listing of mine almost one year after it ended & was sold for keyword spamming LOL
It was because I said in the description to please look at my other auctions for different designers, it wasn't even in the title, crazy!

this totally suck!
I am sorry this happened to you!
Good luck on your relist!

I totally didn't know about this either - I was about to list a few bags on eBay too - good to have this info handy!

So I understand correctly ~ LIKE NEW in this case was added to the title. What about in the guts of the description is that a no no too? I always used Excellant or Very Good pre owned condtion but am sure at some time I did use like new and now that can or can not be said in the auction description area? Linda

So I understand correctly ~ LIKE NEW in this case was added to the title. What about in the guts of the description is that a no no too? I always used Excellant or Very Good pre owned condtion but am sure at some time I did use like new and now that can or can not be said in the auction description area? Linda
don't use the word new anywhere in the title or listing if it's not new

also this is a big one. don't mention any other designers in your listings. as in "check out my other auctions, lots of coach, marc jacobs, louis vuitton and dooney & bourke bags for sale". that's keyword spamming too

It is considered key word spamming since people searching for new items would have your auction come up also. You may want to try doing a search, a couple other members had this same problem recently also.

Exactly. I actually hate to do a search for NEW and see something is "Like New". Because I only buy brand new, never used items. And I try and go for NWT.

I personally (as a buyer) feel an auction should read "Excellent used condition" if it is not brand spanking new - never used.

Either its New or it isnt. I just dont think something can be "like new" and feel its misleading.

I suppose eBay sort of sees it the same way.

ebay marketing actually contacted me by phone and advised me that "like new" was not an option. I thought I was being singled out but was told I was randomly chosen. Allowing for the fact that they consider the phrasing inappropriate, why would they wait until auction's end to act? I hope your listing fee is refunded. I also wish ebay would get its act together.