My listings removed for saying "like new"!!!

Honestly I don't know why this rule should apply to LV - I don't know any smart shopper looking for Authentic LV to type "new" in their search term, since everyone knows that usually "new" means trouble
newbies don't know that, so new is a good keyword, if your item is indeed new. I have sold new LV items and added it into my auction.

I have posted several items on ebay this week, including a Kate Spade tote bag. The title identified the item as "Like New", which it most certainly is, since I only used it a couple of times. This morning, I got notification from ebay that my item had been removed as "spam" because of the Like New characterization. Everyone interested in my item was notified that the item had been removed, and ebay won't let me e-mail them to explain.:hysteric:

I've listed tons of things on ebay over the years, and have NEVER had this happen. Have any of the rest of you had this happen? Is it really prohibited to describe something as Like New?

Man, I'm irritated. Any enlightement would be most appreciated.

I don't even understand what the problem is with saying something is Like New. Is this just a computer looking for listings that say things like (..."Like Kooba", or "Like Balenciaga") meaning that we're comparing the item to something it isn't????

Lesson learned for all us ebayers, I guess. Pain in the neck, too, since the listing had carefully included measurements and description that I now have to recreate. Ebay has just gone nuts. :cursing:

And I'm with you, PradaPsycho, I'd rather have the ebay police go find all the jerks that sells fakes and call them authentic and leave us honest folk alone.

I always use the terms immaculate or excellent. It sounds a bit haughty but I think it definitely gets the point across that the bags are "like new!" Maybe you could try similar wording.

I don't even understand what the problem is with saying something is Like New. Is this just a computer looking for listings that say things like (..."Like Kooba", or "Like Balenciaga") meaning that we're comparing the item to something it isn't????

Lesson learned for all us ebayers, I guess. Pain in the neck, too, since the listing had carefully included measurements and description that I now have to recreate. Ebay has just gone nuts. :cursing:

And I'm with you, PradaPsycho, I'd rather have the ebay police go find all the jerks that sells fakes and call them authentic and leave us honest folk alone.

Maybe yanking your auction had less to do with your putting "like new" on it and more to do with avoiding a lawsuit from Kate Spade. I don't know if KS is suing ebay, but LV did sue and ebay has gotten a lot stricter on any LV auctions. I've listed "LV like" bags (bought at purse parties- don't know what I was thinking, but that's a differant story!) said they were fakes and the auctions were pulled within 3 days. I thought I was doing a service to the buyer by warning them ahead of time. I could have listed them as real and no one would have said a word. But I'm digressing. The point was that it's probably legal problems with KS that got your auction pulled.

They cancelled my listing! The bidding was going VERY WELL!!!!!! FORTY MINUTES BEFORE IT ENDS!
This is what I got as an explanantion:

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

COACH "I put the name of the bag" Like New

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Keyword Spamming policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Title:....Like New

Just because I put Like new! Is that even a trade name?? What is wrong with them? Now I have to start all over again and hope I get a good price!!!!!

It is considered key word spamming since people searching for new items would have your auction come up also. You may want to try doing a search, a couple other members had this same problem recently also.