Cartier or Rolex.....Which do you prefer??

I have both, but i like the Rolex better in terms of practicality. But i love how the Cartier looks, it's very feminine and light, but its definitely a dress watch whilst a Rolex is made for durability.

0r9qfoX.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
I agree, I prefer Anglaise over Francaise. I am looking forward to purchasing it :smile: If you don't mind me asking what size is your wrist just so I know for reference, the size looks awesome on your wrist! TIA:smile:
Thanks :smile: the cartier actually gets more compliments than the rolex, even from people who are oblivious of the watch brands. I have really small wrists, 5 inch. if i had bigger wrists, i wouldve gotten the medium size as the small size has a quartz movement.

Thanks :smile: the cartier actually gets more compliments than the rolex, even from people who are oblivious of the watch brands. I have really small wrists, 5 inch. if i had bigger wrists, i wouldve gotten the medium size as the small size has a quartz movement.

hello alessia70,
does the cartier still get more compliments ?
i think the rolex even more holds the value better and can be worn to all type of clothes, for every occasion etc.
for me it´s still the more eye-catcher than a cartier, especially this one. do you have any more pics from it on your wrist ?

Hi all,
I'm also divided between:
  • Cartier Tank Anglaise Yellow Gold (S or M)
  • Rolex Datejust Yellow Gold (28 or 31)
Which one do you prefer? and why?
BTW I love gold but I want less attention to my watch. Thank you in advance!
w5310014-cartier-tank-anglaise-small-18k-yellow-gold-watch.jpg
m279178-0001.png

Hi all,
I'm also divided between:
  • Cartier Tank Anglaise Yellow Gold (S or M)
  • Rolex Datejust Yellow Gold (28 or 31)
Which one do you prefer? and why?
BTW I love gold but I want less attention to my watch. Thank you in advance!
w5310014-cartier-tank-anglaise-small-18k-yellow-gold-watch.jpg
m279178-0001.png
For these two specific Styles I would go with the Cartier and I'm a Rolex ownerr

Reactions: uhpharm01
For everyday I would prefer the Rolex because it is a better quality watch...though I would prefer smooth bezel, Roman numerals and a different color dial.
Be aware, the gold dial makes it harder to read the time, especially if you aim to keep the watch a long time and get "older" eyesight. I had a beautiful gold President with gold dial I had to sell cuz I literally could not see the time. Just something to keep in mind.
I have had this Cartier and liked it, but I am a Rolex gal at heart. But I prefer for long term ownership white dial with Roman numerals. So classic!