Cartier or Rolex.....Which do you prefer??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have both, but i like the Rolex better in terms of practicality. But i love how the Cartier looks, it's very feminine and light, but its definitely a dress watch whilst a Rolex is made for durability.

[​IMG]

uhpharm01 likes this.
  2. ^ your tank is divine, may I ask what size it is?

3. I've never preferred rolexes but I love these on you!

4. Thanks :smile: It's the smallest size Tank Anglaise. I thought it had a more youthful appearance than the Francaise.

5. I agree, I prefer Anglaise over Francaise. I am looking forward to purchasing it :smile: If you don't mind me asking what size is your wrist just so I know for reference, the size looks awesome on your wrist! TIA:smile:

6. Rolex. it's classic and holds its value more.

7. Thanks :smile: the cartier actually gets more compliments than the rolex, even from people who are oblivious of the watch brands. I have really small wrists, 5 inch. if i had bigger wrists, i wouldve gotten the medium size as the small size has a quartz movement.

8. hello alessia70,
    does the cartier still get more compliments ?
    i think the rolex even more holds the value better and can be worn to all type of clothes, for every occasion etc.
    for me it´s still the more eye-catcher than a cartier, especially this one. do you have any more pics from it on your wrist ?

9. Hi all,
    I'm also divided between:
    • Cartier Tank Anglaise Yellow Gold (S or M)
    • Rolex Datejust Yellow Gold (28 or 31)
    Which one do you prefer? and why?
    BTW I love gold but I want less attention to my watch. Thank you in advance!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. I love both brands. Cartier usually gets my vote. But my pick is the Rolex.

Vvicky and uhpharm01 like this.
  11. For these two specific Styles I would go with the Cartier and I'm a Rolex ownerr

uhpharm01 likes this.
  12. For everyday I would prefer the Rolex because it is a better quality watch...though I would prefer smooth bezel, Roman numerals and a different color dial.

chessmont and uhpharm01 like this.
  13. Be aware, the gold dial makes it harder to read the time, especially if you aim to keep the watch a long time and get "older" eyesight. I had a beautiful gold President with gold dial I had to sell cuz I literally could not see the time. Just something to keep in mind.
    I have had this Cartier and liked it, but I am a Rolex gal at heart. But I prefer for long term ownership white dial with Roman numerals. So classic!

jellyv, genm and nvie like this.
  14. Another vote for the all gold Rolex with white dial and Roman numerals!

Vvicky, chessmont and genm like this.
  15. I also have both - actually I have the Tank Francaise in midsize and the small with MOP dial. On a daily basis I love to wear the small Tank as it is so easy, light and slim. You don´t even notice that you are wearing a watch. 3 months ago I added a Rolex in 36 mm to my collection and I still struggle to enjoy wearing it as it is so heavy compared to the small Cartiers! I mean yes it is a huge difference between these two, but still I think for everyday the watch should be small and not too heavy. So my Rolex is the special occasion watch ;)

nvie likes this.