Mulberry announces resignation of CEO

I'll put it this way, I have started looking at the price of any new M bags I (actually) like and seeing what I can get for the same money from LV, YSL, Jimmy Choo etc. I discovered that I could get rather a lot. The constant price hikes achieved the opposite of what Guillon desired, instead of drawing people in they drove them to looking upwards towards other design houses. For the price of a small willow tote I can get a LV Montana and matching vernis strap.

This was the exact effect it had on me after buying Mulberry for 30 years. My last purchases have been a LV Brea, Gucci Soho and Hubs has bought me a Chanel tote, which is tucked away for my birthday next month.

Mulberry refunded me for a defective six month old bag and the same day I spent it on my first ever Gucci.

So glad he's gone, really surprised he lasted this long. If they had got rid of him 6 months ago sure it would have been easier to repair the damage. Someone is going to have a hard job putting Mulberry right now.

The Guardian had it spot on "His mistake was attempting to fix something that wasn't broken"

Poor Bruno, who will want him now :nuke::?:

Last edited:
Exactly Mulberry Gal :drinkup:
I've found M less worth going "Ooh!" over since Emma Hill left, ok it certainly hasn't all been bad but both the simple joy of the bags and that Mulberry cool factor seemed to be fading.
Which is sad :rain:

She also was responsible for the Cara collaboration :smile:

What, you mean Cara didn't design those all by herself? :wacko: I imagine the above might have a few of our posters revoking their requests for Emma to come back! :lol:

On a serious note - thanks Moo. I was assuming she must have been responsible for newly designed bags (save the Cara - I wasn't sure about that), as I couldn't see who else had done them.

They both have an interesting spread of brands - I think I prefer the Kering brands overall, so I think they should get to buy Mulberry! :biggrin:

Given the fall in share price, not necessarily a surprise to see a potential takeover mooted.

Haha I agree. He probably was a saboteur!!!
I hope mulberry learns from this. They have been greedy and arrogant and have damaged the brand.

Fantastic news :yahoo::yahoo :

I would imagine now Bruno has gone finding a designer won't be difficult. I doubt anyone wanted to take it on all the time Bruno was destroying the brand. It was too big a risk to be dragged down with him.

I doubt it was his decision to leave, I imagine the shareholders gave him a firm push and a large boot to resign, far better to go gracefully from his point of view. Let's hope he didn't get a big payoff

Well said CP he was crucifying our precious Mulberry. Hopefully it's not too late to turn things around and repair the dreadful damage he has done.

I always thought he was a French saboteur sent from Hermes...............I notice the share price went up .35p as soon as he resigned.