2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such pretty embossing on the Gustto! Congrats on the Emilie! Sounds like it will get lots of use. I was debating wallets too and was considering the Emilie but DH bought me a wallet for Christmas so I better just hunker down for now. I'd love to know how you like the Emilie after a few months of use. :smile:

Thank you! So far I am loving all the compartments in it. I will try to remember to do a review after a few months for you :smile:

So...I bought a bag, of sorts, today. I found this at the Barney's outlet and had to bring it home. I own three MbMJ Groovees (two regular and one Baby), so absolutely fell in love with this...

It's a wee mini Groovee keychain/coin pouch! It's in the Faded Aluminum color. I am using it to stash lip balms and hand sanitizer in my bag. Isn't it adorable?? And it's a bag purchase I don't feel guilty about. :smile:

I have seen these in photos a couple times and they are so freaking cute!! Congrats on your wee little find, she sure is a cutie!!

And here's my current bag/wallet combo - MbMJ Francesca and Classic Q Continental Wallet in Chianti.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388703812.688325.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388703812.688325.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 426
So...I bought a bag, of sorts, today. I found this at the Barney's outlet and had to bring it home. I own three MbMJ Groovees (two regular and one Baby), so absolutely fell in love with this...

It's a wee mini Groovee keychain/coin pouch! It's in the Faded Aluminum color. I am using it to stash lip balms and hand sanitizer in my bag. Isn't it adorable?? And it's a bag purchase I don't feel guilty about. :smile:
This is so cute!

And here's my current bag/wallet combo - MbMJ Francesca and Classic Q Continental Wallet in Chianti.
Love the red combo!

Thanks, Jenny! I love it, too - it's a beautiful wine red. And I just love how huge and squishy the Francesca is...this bag is why I never pulled the trigger on an RM Wine Nikki...Ms. Francesca is quite similar in color, size and smooshiness!

The Francesca is a great bag and yours looks super. I just wish it wasn't so heavy. But with all that smooshy thick leather, I suppose it's unavoidable.

The Francesca is a great bag and yours looks super. I just wish it wasn't so heavy. But with all that smooshy thick leather, I suppose it's unavoidable.

Thanks - she is one big, beautiful lady. She is also rather heavy, but so pretty and squishy and functional that I can forgive the weight. :smile: And she's fortunately not quite as heavy as some of my other bags, like MJ Blake, or my since rehomed AW Rocco.

I'm very excited to join ;) I've been buying up a storm so strictly this year I will be using what I have !! Including SLGS 👼 this will be super hard but I want to try and achieve using bags I have ! Rather than buying a gazillion more !! 🙏

So organized in your bag! I am going to try and do the same (be more organized inside). Many of the tpf'ers have all these cute little pouches to organize everything. Guess that's something I will need to work on in 2014. Have fun in Maui and good luck with the packing! Shoes are such a pain when traveling! Lol...
The little pouches are great for organizing but they also add weight, and start a whole new obsession with buying small things haha (at least for me - I have started letting go of many of my smaller pouches). Thanks! I'm looking forward to it, def much needed trip.

Thank you! I am actually loving the Emilie! I used to carry a ZCP but it just got to small for me. I also have an insolite wallet, which I do like but it is just so freaking big it doesn't fit in my smaller bags. After watching a great review by "Jerusha Couture" on youtube and seeing that this wallet can fit in a mini mac and the LV Eva, I decided to go for it. I would highly recommend it and the price point for an LV wallet is really good for it as well!
thanks for the input! I'll have to ask you again when I'm ready to take the plunge. First things first right now, my mon monogram :smile:

Love the blues on this bag! Maui! So exciting! Maybe bring a tote for daily use for conferences/team building etc. and a smaller bag that can be worn crossbody for dinners out and spare time etc.
thanks! The blues have really captured my heart, I also have that color combo in a Sadie. I thought about a tote and cross body but then thought about the what ifs. What if we go hiking? The beach? Shopping? Etc. I have a tote for the beach, an easy canvas which I can use for team building too (just one day of team building, woot!) but was thinking a more rugged cross body for more active activities and a clutch for dinners. But that seems to leave me empty for regular walking activities. Ya, I'm a packing mess haha.

that is sooooooo cute!!

gorgeous colors. Rich reds are so beautiful. One of the bags I'm trying to sell is a beautiful red and every time a sale doesnt go through, I'm not that sad about it because I love the color, but the size just doesn't work for me, so have to let it go.

I'm very excited to join ;) I've been buying up a storm so strictly this year I will be using what I have !! Including SLGS 👼 this will be super hard but I want to try and achieve using bags I have ! Rather than buying a gazillion more !! 🙏
You can do it! Read your signature, you have a beautiful collection, can't wait to see!

I'm on the fence about joining this thread. I know I can't stop so I have two bags on my buy list for sure. But sometimes I just want a bag that I just end up buying, so it would be like me failing the resolutions made on the thread.

My collection is in my signature, minus my cheap/thrifter bags. It doesn't include SLGs. But when there's a want, there's a way.

I do like how much emphasis is on using what you already have! I definitely need to do this, especially for the older bags that just sit in my storage. I feel like I could sell some off and get one of the two on my buy list, but when I wear the bag again, I like it again.

I'm so indecisive when it comes to my current collection, and weak willed when it comes to buying another cute bag.

Today I carried the last bag I bought a little over a month ago. I have one bag that I know I will purchase early this year, so that's one down :smile: but for the time being, I will just enjoy what I have.
Love this pic! Your cat is adorable!

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my Violet (isn't it nice to have a thread that makes you appreciate what you have rather than making you want to run our and buy something new!) - here's a little butt shot :smile:
View attachment 2447829
Love a good bal booty! And this one is divine!

Well after enjoying my day at home yesterday, I headed to work today with my Gustto Andrea satchel. I just bought myself the Louis Vuitton Emilie wallet last week (my last purchase of the year) and I plan to use it through this year almost exclusively so my daily wallet will probably never change. Feeling so excited about keeping my addiction in check this year!
20140102_085536.jpg
So pretty! Love the wallet!

I also took a shot of my insides - an M0851 change purse that I use to carry pennies in (trying to use them anywhere I can), a brown croc embossed Valentina pouch I use for random stuff like band aids, bobby pins, etc., a hello kitty pouch a use for my itouch, my Coach legacy pencil case in carnelian (which has been in my bag everday since I bought it in 2012 - probably one of the few pieces that have truly gotten good cost per wear), and a couple of random hello kitty items I use to hold points cards.
Love the saffiano tote... it's such a great color combo!

SOOOO stinkin' cute!!!

Lovely combo!

Thank you! So far I am loving all the compartments in it. I will try to remember to do a review after a few months for you :smile:
Yes, please! I'd love to hear your review. I've considered this wallet...

I love your bag and wallet! MBMJ has released the style in a smaller size called the Franny which I was obsessing over recently, but I need that style in something other than black! Is your bag Raspberry Red? The color looks like my Hillier Hobo :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.