Gucci Authenticity Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. I am new here! Well, my urge to buy my first Gucci landed me here in the first place :P
Any advice on which are the best online shops for buying discounted but new Gucci handbags? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Hello! Has anyone ever seen a canvas monogram hobo with a skinny side bow that has a hanging mirror on one side? The mirror has GUCCI engraved on it. Just curious if this is an actual "real" style that was sold?

Hi touchofgold! I'm new here myself. If you know anyone in the United States, in these areas, specifically, there are store outlets. Maybe they can swing by and get you something. :smile:

1. Desert Hills Premium Outlets Cabazon, California (Palm Springs/LA Area)
  2. Queenstown Premium Outlets Queenstown, Maryland (Annapolis Area)
  3. San Marcos Premium Outlets San Marcos, Texas (Austin/San Antonio Area)
  4. Vacaville Premium Outlets Vacaville, California (San Francisco & Sacramento Area)
  5. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Central Valley, New York (New York City Area)
Good luck!!

Hello. I purchased my first GUCCI bag while vacationing in Rome, Italy. The store is located near the Spanish Steps. I got a Duffle bag with leather on the corners. My question is....why can't I find my bag in their website????

Attachments

• gucci duffle bag.JPG
    gucci duffle bag.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,377
Please post your tips on authenticity here.Hopefully this will help aid our PFers in purchasing LEGIT bags.NO chitchat please.Lets use this thread as a refernece tool only!!
Post details about serial #s..hardware,style names,where purchased...etc.... Clear Pics definately help as well.(try to give closeups of details..and :idea:

***DONT FORGET TO WATERMARK THEM,we dont need any scammers stealing our pics!!!***
Do not post ebay auctions here either.That is what "AUTH THIS " IS FOR!!
Qs: i have a gucci pochette monogram and not sure if authentic. It has datecode or serial number..but the inside lining has gucci printed, never seen this kind on ebay...is it fake?

Hi, I am new here and have a quick question. I read somewhere that all Gucci bags have the gucci print on at least one piece of the hardwares. However, I noticed a bag without any print on its hardare in a Gucci outlet. So, maybe all boutique gucci bags have hardware print? Thanks!

Hello everybody

This message is just a beware message for all the gucci buyers on ebay.

Recently there has been a lot of brand new gucci bags sellers at an incredibly low prices and the funny part is they have the authenticity cards, original Dustbag and the store receipt as well but the bags are fake.

Please beware of these sellers if anyone can report these sellers to ebay would be good.

I have reported a few but doesn't seem any things happened yet. They are on Australian website so please beware.

Hello everybody

This message is just a beware message for all the gucci buyers on ebay.

Recently there has been a lot of brand new gucci bags sellers at an incredibly low prices and the funny part is they have the authenticity cards, original Dustbag and the store receipt as well but the bags are fake.

Please beware of these sellers if anyone can report these sellers to ebay would be good.

I have reported a few but doesn't seem any things happened yet. They are on Australian website so please beware.

Thanks for the alerting us and eBay! Yeap, seen quite a number of it.

Also, re: GUCCI zipper pulls....people have questioned if a purse has a zipper pull with GUCCI on it - is it real? GUCCI does make purses with zipper pulls with GUCCI on the zipper pull. For example the Abbey, Princy Boston bag, etc. How long thye have been doing this, I don't know? I purchased my purses directly from the GUCCI store and they did have the GUCCI on the zipper pull.

can you please advise : is all the hard ware( buckle ) of gucci belt is engraved "GUCCI)" or made in Italy , particular the buckle is D Shape or rectangle shape, thanks in advance

can you please advise : is all the hard ware( buckle ) of gucci belt is engraved "GUCCI)" or made in Italy , particular the buckle is D Shape or rectangle shape, thanks in advance

In my experience, I think 99% of GUCCI metal stuffs should be imprinted "GUCCI" or "GUCCI made in italy" usually the letter "i" of Italy is in lower case. I am not so sure since I have bought only 1 GUCCI belt so far a couple years ago. But as far as I know, all of the hardware like strap nut, clutch always are always imprinted "GUCCI" or sometimes "GUCCI made in italy" or just "italy" or "GUCCI italy".

But there may be an exception in outlet that I have never seen.

Hi touchofgold! I'm new here myself. If you know anyone in the United States, in these areas, specifically, there are store outlets. Maybe they can swing by and get you something. :smile:

1. Desert Hills Premium Outlets Cabazon, California (Palm Springs/LA Area)
  2. Queenstown Premium Outlets Queenstown, Maryland (Annapolis Area)
  3. San Marcos Premium Outlets San Marcos, Texas (Austin/San Antonio Area)
  4. Vacaville Premium Outlets Vacaville, California (San Francisco & Sacramento Area)
  5. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Central Valley, New York (New York City Area)
Good luck!!
The Outlet Mall (Desert Springs) in Palm Springs is a great place to find discounted, high end bags. I've found some one of a kind designer gowns there too.

The Outlet Mall (Desert Springs) in Palm Springs is a great place to find discounted, high end bags. I've found some one of a kind designer gowns there too.

If you're int he New York City area, I suggest the Gucci outlet in Secaucus, NJ. Much larger selection than the Woodbury outlet. It's closer to NYC and it seems that a lot more of the items that don't sell in the NYC boutiques end up in Secaucus rather than Woodbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.