Gucci Authenticity Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone know if the Gucci made the horsebit print fabric hobo in the pinkish fabric with tan horsebit print? I saw someone using one this morning with the pink and brown and it was lovely. I have added a picture of the cream one, but wonder if I can find one with the pink...any help if anyone know whether it was made with the pink?

Attachments

• Gucci horsebit print hobo.jpg
    Gucci horsebit print hobo.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,006
Hi everyone,

I'm also interested in authenticating Guccis. I just purchased a large Gucci duffle bag and am unsure if its real. It has no tag or leather stamp inside of the bag so I am a bit worried it is a fake. Can anyone advise?

Thank you :smile:

Hi. I'm hoping someone may be able to answer some queries on a vintage bag i am thinking of buying.
I usually do loads of online research using the great threads on here and other sites including the manufacturer site but am stumped by a Gucci which I think is accessory collection. I can't get a picture as it is in a consignment shop. I was told it purchased by its owner from Bond Street Gucci store in London in 1982/3.

The bag is brown plasticesd canvas. The print/fabric appears authentic. The inner zip has the gold shield clipped on which looks authentic (but is easy to detach).
It is a flap over clutch with red/green web in the centre. It has a heavy goldstone chain as the shoulder strap which attaches under the flap with two poppers so it can be removed.

I have three questions about this bag and would be grateful for any info anyone might know. I realise you can't authenticate without pictures but maybe the answers will make up my mind. The questions are:

1. Did any of the GAC have gold chains. I have not found a single one.

2. Were GAC sold from main stores. I thought I read they weren't

3. Do GAC bags have any tags inside? They seem to have had a leather tag and a paper one that sometimes came out. This has gilt imprint just above zip on inside pocket. No tags at all. The script does look like others of the time though.

I would be grateful for any thoughts. I'm guessing it will be real and by the ime I decide to take the plunge it will be gone!

If I do buy I'll post a picture but not on this thread as I will just accept as it is!!

Thanks x

Hi again. There is another thing with this bag that made me curious. The dust bag is white brushed cotton, like Chanel ones, with a red and green stripe and the gold writing, I think saying Gucci, above. I have never seen this before.
Any ideas gratefully received. I believe it's probably genuine but ow just curious x

Just found out something interesting. I just purchased a Britt medium shoulder bag in Black at the Gucci boutique in Monte Carlo while on vacation. The lining is multicolor striped. I've been looking to purchase the Britt medium top handle tote in Brown, and noticed that the lining is brown --also, some of the totes have cell phone pockets, some do not--the one on Gucci's web site does. So, I contacted Gucci and their response was -- it depends on which factory produced the bag, the lining can either be printed or plain canvas. This may explain why there are inconsistencies in authentic bags.[/

gucci tends to be harder to auhtneticate i feel. lv has more obvious signs

Just found out something interesting. I just purchased a Britt medium shoulder bag in Black at the Gucci boutique in Monte Carlo while on vacation. The lining is multicolor striped. I've been looking to purchase the Britt medium top handle tote in Brown, and noticed that the lining is brown --also, some of the totes have cell phone pockets, some do not--the one on Gucci's web site does. So, I contacted Gucci and their response was -- it depends on which factory produced the bag, the lining can either be printed or plain canvas. This may explain why there are inconsistencies in authentic bags.[/

gucci tends to be harder to auhtneticate i feel. lv has more obvious signs

I feel the same way, LV is consistent within each collection. Gucci stamps and serial numbers even look different depending on the specific bag

What about the leather piping trim that goes along the edge--if that isn't laying perfectly flat is that a sign of a fake or not necessarily? I just bought a bag from fashionphile.com and the bottom edges are a little "wavy."

Can someone tell me if this is an authentic Gucci?

•Type of bag: Large (travel) cosmetic case with top bamboo handle and long adjustable, removable straps (leather?)

Description:
•The case is large a rectangular shape (approximately 12" wide X 7 1/2" long/deep) zips around the top to open.

•The outside of the case is black, made out of canvas type material, but the piping, zipper pulls, long strap, and zipper area are all leather. The top
Of the case has a bamboo handle, on the (silver) hardware attaching it, it has "Gucci" engraved on top the silver hardware (under the bamboo handle). All hardware is silver. Underneath the case there are 4 silver round stands. Besides the hardware holding the bamboo having "Gucci" on it, the only other places outside that has "Gucci" is on the 2 zippers (both sides).

•The interior opens with the top standing up under the cover there is a pocket holding a mirror (the mirror is removable, the back, and Edges in the front is black, pretty sure it isn't leather.) Then there is a strap to go over the mirror and hold it in place with a button. There are thin leather straps on each side attached so the cover stays up. Inside the case it is all black leather. It has one zipper pocket on the same side as the mirror (zipper pull does not say "Gucci") then there is the Leather tag under the zipper the front has "Gucci" on one line and "made in Italy" underneath smaller. The back of the tag has a serial number "013•2212•2491 (not separated by dashes, but more like dots). The other side of the case has leather loops with a leather strap that can be adjusted to size for your makeup brushes etc. lastly there is a clear plastic lined around with black leather to go at the bottom of the case (I'm guessing for protection).

All the stitching seems perfect all around. It's generally a nice case. It was given to me to possibly sale, and the had it stored in a plastic container with a bunch of other bags, so it does need some cleaning inside.
PHP:
[PHP]
[/PHP]

I have seen several Abbey bags listed on ebay where the bottom has a seam and the GG pattern does not line up. Does anyone know if this is a sign of a fake?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi guys, I saw earlier someone asked about vintage bags and the lining up of the monogram on the canvas...

ie no cut off G's and even spacing on both sides, as one expects to see on a modern bag.

I've scoured the thread but can't seem to find a reply. On vintage bags (GAC era, but not GAC...) does the monogram match up or was there a series of bags that didn't?

Can someone maybe point to where the initial question was answered, and I can backread from there!

Status
Not open for further replies.