The Official Rebecca Minkoff & Team Discussion Thread

Hi everyone! Really exciting and amazing news here for all of our Minkettes, Rebecca Minkoff and her team are back on tPF to chat with you all and answer your questions.

There will only be this one thread for RM and her team to chat with you in, so if you want to hear from them please use this thread for that purpose. We will have live chats with Rebecca herself once she is back at work full-time after the birth of her baby!!!

So with open arms and hearts and pretty bags, give Rebecca and her team a big tPF Minkette Welcome!!!!! :cool:
Welcome Back!

Hi there, RM team (if anyone is reading this) -
Is there any chance you'd ever make a 5-zip version of the MAC Daddy? I would LOVE to see one of those!! I bet it would be really pretty... Just wondering!

Hi everyone!

We are so happy to announce that we will be re-stocking the 5 Zip Clutch! This style will be available for purchase in mid November and we will have the classic colors, such as black, almond and soft grey. :yahoo:

Currently we do not have a plan for a 5 Zip MAC Daddy, but we will definitely forward your suggestions on to our design team! :smile:

xo

Hi everyone!

We are so happy to announce that we will be re-stocking the 5 Zip Clutch! This style will be available for purchase in mid November and we will have the classic colors, such as black, almond and soft grey. :yahoo:

Currently we do not have a plan for a 5 Zip MAC Daddy, but we will definitely forward your suggestions on to our design team! :smile:

xo

WOO HOO!!!!!

Please please please make the 5-Zip MAC Daddy!!!! <swoon>

Hi everyone!

xo

HI HI HIIII!!!!

:flowers: Thank you so much for responding!!! SO excited about the return of the 5-zip! I will be counting down the days :graucho: (and crossing my fingers re: Zip Daddy).

Hi everyone!

xo
This is the best news I have gotten in ages!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

The new strap can be worn cross body. The old strap can only be worn on one shoulder. I love the new strap.

I prefer the old strap. I love the way you can attach it to the hoops, I was thinking of taking the new straps to a leather place and have different ends put on it so it can hook the old way.

I'm kind of frustrated with the new strap. If you hook it on the bottom so that the dogleash is attached to both the strap and the ring on the bag, it's virtually useless. But it hangs shorter. If you hook it to the rings on top and detach the dogleash from the bottom of the bag, you can use the long strap but it hangs so long when not in use.

I guess for me it's either the second option or just remove the strap all-together. I usually use the handles anyway but it's nice to have the option.

I'm kind of frustrated with the new strap. If you hook it on the bottom so that the dogleash is attached to both the strap and the ring on the bag, it's virtually useless. But it hangs shorter. If you hook it to the rings on top and detach the dogleash from the bottom of the bag, you can use the long strap but it hangs so long when not in use.

I guess for me it's either the second option or just remove the strap all-together. I usually use the handles anyway but it's nice to have the option.

No No No No sdkitty! I found a place on ebay that sells just what I needed to modify my new straps. I did photos, and his ebay link a while ago. It's gotta be here somewhere. Let me dig it up for you. So far I have outfitted 5 straps so far, he has light gold, gunmetal, silver, antique brass, and even copper (that would match the rose gold according to the pictures). I'll be right back.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/my-solution-to-the-new-straps-763040.html

But you are right, there is nothing quite like the old strap configuration. It was perfect. My fix-it works, but makes the strap a little longer, but since I love the look with the flaps down, and I love being able to just switch from handle to strap, it works for me. But, I wear my MABs with the old strap a little more often. But this works better and more cost effectively than having a leather shop take apart the straps.

Last edited:
No No No No sdkitty! I found a place on ebay that sells just what I needed to modify my new straps. I did photos, and his ebay link a while ago. It's gotta be here somewhere. Let me dig it up for you. So far I have outfitted 5 straps so far, he has light gold, gunmetal, silver, antique brass, and even copper (that would match the rose gold according to the pictures). I'll be right back.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/my-solution-to-the-new-straps-763040.html

But you are right, there is nothing quite like the old strap configuration. It was perfect. My fix-it works, but makes the strap a little longer, but since I love the look with the flaps down, and I love being able to just switch from handle to strap, it works for me. But, I wear my MABs with the old strap a little more often. But this works better and more cost effectively than having a leather shop take apart the straps.

Agreed! Not a fan of the new strap. You can also find double-sided dogleash clasps at Lowes or Home Depot (I have a thread on it somewhere). Cost effective, quick fix.

That said, I took the super simple out with my BBW MAM and just stole the old school strap from my plain Black MAM. It's plain leather rather than BW, but the convenience far outweighs that. Love the look and the strap drop of the old strap!

I'll keep this in mind. Most of the time I just use the handles--even on my shoulder. But it is nice to have the option of the long strap in case you need it.
Thanks a lot :smile:

Hi RM Team! I'm 8 months pregnant and fell in loooooove with the RM Knocked Up Bag. So when I found out that Bloomingdales was having a 30% off purchases of $150 or more on baby items (including baby bags), I called my local Bloomies to see if they had in stcok and lo a behold, someone had JUST returned this very bag earlier that day and I went to scoop it up. It seemed like fate =) For reference, this is the nylon with leather trim (all black) knocked up bag with non-adjustable leather straps and gold tone hardware.

After takaing it home and inspecting the bag, I began to think that perhaps the bag is fake. The leather didn't smell like leather at all...in fact it smelled like fake leather. It came with a card saying that it's made of genuine leather and has what looks to be an authentic RM tag, listing Style # 10BINYBBO2-001.

I really don't want this bag to be fake so I won't have to go through the hassle of returning and tracking down another one for sale (it doesn't seem to be available on Bloomies' website anymore). Do you know if the company has had alot of issues with fake Knocked Up bags and how I might be able to check if it's authentic? I was thinking of taking it to a cobbler to verify if the leather trim is real but if you have any other suggestions, that would be great.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Ysl. Can you post some pics?

Today at NR, there was a black NIKKI!!!! I thought they were discontinued!? It was in great/new shape for $274. I left her there because I'm not really wanting black right now but I loved the style. There were tons of RM mams and mini mams, and macs. There was even a black mam with a dark navy zipper track.....drool

Hi everyone!

xo
good news indeed. thank you! would love to see the colors it comes with :yes: