Pearls - what's your colour choice?

Now I'm getting confused between Tahitian and south sea pearls. I love pearls no matter what color. I have a black Tahitian (I think) strand and a black pearl with pink sapphires Mikimoto ring. I also have 2 strands of akoya in the pink family. I'm loving everyone's pearls.

Fantastic - can we see pictures please? :smile:

Sorry the pictures are huge but the true color gets lost from a distance. Instead of making a double strand necklace, the jeweler made two strands that sit flush against one another.

Funny story on the ring, I love pink sapphires and black pearls. I saw the Mikimoto ring in the Japan pavillion in Epcot while on my honeymoon in Disney (yes, Disney). Anyway I passed saying 'I'm married and we need to save, blah, blah, blah.' Returned home and saw the same Mikimoto ring in a Ross-Simmons store. So much for saving. I bought it. I take my gloves off in Grand Central one day and the pearl is gone. I panicked. Ross-Simons sent the ring to Mikimoto and they replaced the pearl. Now I rarely wear it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 605
Sorry the pictures are huge but the true color gets lost from a distance. Instead of making a double strand necklace, the jeweler made two strands that sit flush against one another.

Funny story on the ring, I love pink sapphires and black pearls. I saw the Mikimoto ring in the Japan pavillion in Epcot while on my honeymoon in Disney (yes, Disney). Anyway I passed saying 'I'm married and we need to save, blah, blah, blah.' Returned home and saw the same Mikimoto ring in a Ross-Simmons store. So much for saving. I bought it. I take my gloves off in Grand Central one day and the pearl is gone. I panicked. Ross-Simons sent the ring to Mikimoto and they replaced the pearl. Now I rarely wear it.
The necklaces.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 618
I prefer Tahitian and Grey South Sea pearls, but pearls are too delicate for me to invest much money into now.
Ivory is wonderful too and if someone's complexion is right for it pink undertones are TDF.

I don't know what is with me, but after a lifetime of feeling very "meh" about pearls I suddenly love them! I don't know what happened to me? Loving all the pictures!

I can relate!
Long ago loved them, then sort of lost interest ( yet still admired as a classic) and now love/wear them again.
Just a simple south sea or Tahitian stud earring (12 mm or so) can look so chic.
I recently saw a woman wearing a long double strand with jeans and a grey cashmere v necked sweater. Loved the elegant yet casual, effortless chic look.
Large multicolored Tahitians look great with a crisp white button down.....