Pearls - what's your colour choice?

Like several of the posters, my favorites are black South Seas/Tahitian pearls. I have a few more pieces - both in akoya and in black pearls.

This is the latest - birthday gift from DH for a biggish birthday. I posted a question about negotiating with Mikimoto but no one responded - for the record, it wasn't possible!

I wanted South Seas because I love the chameleon-like nature of black pearls - my love started with a set of pearl earrings that DH got for me on our honeymoon in Bora Bora. Over the years, I've gotten a few other pieces as gifts and in the last couple of years, my black pearl pendant has been my go-to necklace. For this birthday, I really wanted something memorable for the number of years on earth when DH asked what I wanted! I decided to ask for a black pearl strand - I wanted something that I could dress up but also, wear casually with jeans.

I'm not a great photographer as you can tell because it doesn't do this strand justice. It really looks more purplish/gray/pink/brown and sometimes, peacockish. The luster is pretty amazing so you see all kinds of light reflecting off the pearls. A very lucky find - I'm in LOVE! :cloud9::love:

Attachments

• April 2012 054 abbreviated.jpg
    April 2012 054 abbreviated.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 683
Like several of the posters, my favorites are black South Seas/Tahitian pearls. I have a few more pieces - both in akoya and in black pearls.

This is the latest - birthday gift from DH for a biggish birthday. I posted a question about negotiating with Mikimoto but no one responded - for the record, it wasn't possible!

I wanted South Seas because I love the chameleon-like nature of black pearls - my love started with a set of pearl earrings that DH got for me on our honeymoon in Bora Bora. Over the years, I've gotten a few other pieces as gifts and in the last couple of years, my black pearl pendant has been my go-to necklace. For this birthday, I really wanted something memorable for the number of years on earth when DH asked what I wanted! I decided to ask for a black pearl strand - I wanted something that I could dress up but also, wear casually with jeans.

I'm not a great photographer as you can tell because it doesn't do this strand justice. It really looks more purplish/gray/pink/brown and sometimes, peacockish. The luster is pretty amazing so you see all kinds of light reflecting off the pearls. A very lucky find - I'm in LOVE! :cloud9::love:

those are beautiful! I can see the purple in them :smile:

This is the latest - birthday gift from DH for a biggish birthday. I posted a question about negotiating with Mikimoto but no one responded - for the record, it wasn't possible! A very lucky find - I'm in LOVE! :cloud9::love:
It is a beautiful strand! Love the size and the color!