Bottega Veneta Cabat?

The cabat comes in 3 sizes - small, medium and large.

It's a truly gorgeous style, so easy to use and so fuss free. Unfortch, something I'm hesistant about is that there's no closure at the top, so it could potentially get a lil messy if you carry around waaaaay too many things like I do :shame:

That said, a large cabat is still on my wish list for when I'm older, and I have more money :yes:

Unfortch, something I'm hesistant about is that there's no closure at the top, so it could potentially get a lil messy if you carry around waaaaay too many things like I do :shame:

For the same reason I decided against a Cabat... when I had the Celine Boogie bag, I was embarassed whenever someone peeps into my bag cos' no matter how hard I try, the insides still looked messy.... I also get a lot of well-meaning strangers advising me to look after my purse - a target for pickpocketers!

Nevertheless, it's a really beautiful bag and I'm always admiring it .... perhaps, one fine day, when I have some spare $$$ and no other BV to buy, I might get a Cabat! For now, there's just too many other BV beauties on the shelf that I yearn to get !:P

I was told (by my SA) that this bag is entirely hand woven, both inside and out. So there are actually four layers (unlike the other intrecciato whereby it is actually a large leather panel with the weaves going through the slits on it). And apparently there are very few artisans in Italy that has the woven skills required for the Cabat. It's truly an art piece to covet! The Old Petra Cabat is absolutely TDF.

Reactions: jbags07
Hi everyone!

I recently acquired a gorgeous cabat in dark brown and it is luscious! I love it so much. I'll try to post pics.

I was so in love with it that I bid one a black one on ebay ...turns out it was a dreadful fake! The pics looked good but when I received it the difference between the real one and the fake were like night and day. I finally got my money back ( after a month) but be careful when bidding on cabat's on ebay....I dont think I've seen a real one on there yet..and one choco fake sold for a TON of money and it was definitely a 200 dollar ioffer fake. Getting the fake was sort of educational for me since I started doing research...if the bag looks like it has white edges on the side of the weaving...stay far away! The real cabat leather is incredibly soft and slouchy and not a flat color....the leather has color variation and nuances the fakes cannot come close to duplicating....but they do duplicate the plaques..so be very careful everyone!