Bottega Veneta Cabat?

*totally off topic, but soooo cute* :shame:

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

I was told (by my SA) that this bag is entirely hand woven, both inside and out. So there are actually four layers (unlike the other intrecciato whereby it is actually a large leather panel with the weaves going through the slits on it). And apparently there are very few artisans in Italy that has the woven skills required for the Cabat. It's truly an art piece to covet! The Old Petra Cabat is absolutely TDF.

sorry if this has been answered before...... i've seen the cabat irl once but didn't notice four layers, only one.

what do you mean by four layers... as in are there four layers of weaving to make it thick?

sorry i'm a bv newbie, shopping for a bag, my choices are between hermes and bv. thanks :heart:

sorry if this has been answered before...... i've seen the cabat irl once but didn't notice four layers, only one.

what do you mean by four layers... as in are there four layers of weaving to make it thick?

sorry i'm a bv newbie, shopping for a bag, my choices are between hermes and bv. thanks :heart:
the cabat is woven inside and out and each strip is actually two layers thick.
so there is no raw edge.
hth